Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I dont have much knowledge about the car stuffs, but recently i have an issue in my car and no one could sort the problem. Occasionally my car RPM goes to zero at the time of driving or stand by and some times engine cut off. Once it is in standby then the engine cutt off but after 2-3 minutes my car is back to normal. and if i am driving for couple of hours , RPM suddenly goes to zero but the engine still works and once i stop the car the engine cut off then after , again after 2-3 minutes its back to normal. Due to this reason i couldn't explain or show the issue to the Service guys. I am driving Chevy cruze 2010(p). i did the 180k service and no indication of problems is showing.

Can anyone help or suggest me some advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in middle east region , in Oman to be specified. I did the Major service like all filters,oil replacement etc. But this issue was there before the service and after the computer check , they found some problems and did job on valve clearance adjustment,radiator surge tank replacement, automatic range selector.but i believe the RPM issue is not related to this. The engine check light was on before the service but now it is not showing. And still i face problems occasionally.

·
10,712 Posts
Not sure how they would re create it w/o holding on to your car for a few days. Being a 2010, I doubt you have warranties in place. I wonder if the Negative Cable issue still happens overseas?

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
I'm slightly fuzzy on your description - is the engine shutting off by itself when you stop in this condition or are you shutting off the engine?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello guys,

I dont have much knowledge about the car stuffs, but recently i have an issue in my car and no one could sort the problem. Occasionally my car RPM goes to zero at the time of driving or stand by and some times engine cut off. Once it is in standby then the engine cutt off but after 2-3 minutes my car is back to normal. and if i am driving for couple of hours , RPM suddenly goes to zero but the engine still works and once i stop the car the engine cut off then after , again after 2-3 minutes its back to normal. Due to this reason i couldn't explain or show the issue to the Service guys. I am driving Chevy cruze 2010(p). i did the 180k service and no indication of problems is showing.

Can anyone help or suggest me some advice.
Hello Ashar,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the community, and I apologize for the recent concerns involving your Cruze. As our team's resources are only capable to provide information to our U.S. customers, I am unable to assist you fully. However, I would be more than happy to escalate your information the team in the Middle East for you. Feel free to send a private message along with your chassis number, current kms, contact information and the service center you are working with. We look forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have only had my Chevy Cruze 2 1/2 years and it has 60k miles on it. The positive wire was corroded. Does Anyone know why it would have corroded so fast ? And on top of that I just had my Chevy serviced last week so you would think they would of caught that. Instead I got stranded at work and had to cancel some appointments that I had made because my car wouldn't start.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Tachometer is more of a voltmeter than a tach, the old ones were driven by a geared cable. Here the Vss feeds the computer with pulses proportional to vehicle speed that is converted to an analog voltage.

If erratic and sounds like it is, have a loose connection someplace. Doesn't hurt anything more vehicles were made without tachs than with tachs.

Only person that I know of they really cleans and lubricates battery terminals well is me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts