Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for my RPMS to operating/climbing slow as **** like it's struggling to build rpms in between gears? (I.e) shift to 2nd gear @ 3k drops to ~1200 then builds sslllllooowwwww struggleee etc..forced to give it even more gas

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Maybe.....if you are asking about a Smart.

Kind of need to know what you are driving....year....engine...manual or auto....miles.....you know, the basic stuff.

Rob

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
Any other software/sys admin types think this had to do with distributing software in a Fedora-based environmemt?

Ugh, Im officially too nerdy for life.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Which trim and year? Obviously a manual. However, I doubt you're dropping from 3K to 1200 in a single gear change. The ECO has the widest gear ranges and when I shift at 3K it drops at most to 2200 RPM.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'm wondering if the turbo's dead. Without a turbo spun up by the 3000 RPM, what happens when you shift? I'd think the lack of a turbo would be a lot like "no torque". Yes, I am assuming a 1.4T, not a 1.8.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Even without the turbo you can only drop so many RPMs when you shift. This is controlled by the gear ratios.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Even without the turbo you can only drop so many RPMs when you shift. This is controlled by the gear ratios.
True, but if there's no torque, the RPMs will fall.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1.4L it doesn't happen like this in manual but back to auto 3k to ~1200, or if im cruzin then drops a gear let's say @ 25-26 then drops ~15 then feels like it's struggling

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
That sounds like it's skipping a gear then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts