Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my front and rear gold bowtie emblems with black ones. Does anyone make a black overlay?

I also want to get an RS emblem for the front grill and to put next to the "Cruze" on the left trunk lid.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Reflective Concepts overlays on my wifes cruze and on my grand prix. I like that they are black during the day but add some reflective safety when light hits them. They don't list the cruze as a model on their website but you can email them and they can make them for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I went to the site and asked them to confirm they'd make them and what the pricing would be.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just went on eBay and got both the RS emblems and the RED overlays for the bowties. Just do a search of "RS emblems" or "bowtie overlays" . The overlays for the bowties comes in all color and come in oblong sticky sheets. You lay them over the bowtie, smooth it down and cut around the edges to make a perfect fit.

·
Registered
574 Posts
eBay has these is you look. I white vinyl mine & cut it out. This was easy to do too. I took me 30 minutes at best. I think I paid $6 for the front & back. I'm sure eBay also has RS badges too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do the RS emblems attach? I want to add one to the front grill, but see that it's probably going to take removing some things behind the grill to enable attaching the ones I saw on ebay that have a bracket and screws to secure it. How would you attach on to the right of the "Cruze" emblem on the left rear trunk lid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
On the front RS badge, there's two long screws with bolts and half the grill is empty of filling so just slip the long screws thru the front and attach the bolts on the back. You might have to take off a piece of cladding on the top to reach down and attach the bolts from behind. The RS emblem on the rear bumper of mine, I just ordered the emblem with double sided tape and once you peel one side of the tape off, just stick it wherever you want it.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
On the front RS badge, there's two long screws with bolts and half the grill is empty of filling so just slip the long screws thru the front and attach the bolts on the back.

What's the GM Part No. for the bolt-on RS nameplate? I wasn't aware this part existed. Thanks.

·
10,685 Posts
On the front RS badge, there's two long screws with bolts and half the grill is empty of filling so just slip the long screws thru the front and attach the bolts on the back. You might have to take off a piece of cladding on the top to reach down and attach the bolts from behind. The RS emblem on the rear bumper of mine, I just ordered the emblem with double sided tape and once you peel one side of the tape off, just stick it wherever you want it.

Look closer that's not a GM part, the lettering doesn't match the Cruze and Camaro RS badge.

Vs

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's a hoax! We've been had!
While it's true that they are not exactly alike, who's getting ripped off by whom? The dealer who charges $25.00 for the original replacement RS badge or somebody on eBay that will sell you almost the identical badge for $5.00. Yea, I know all about saving American jobs. I own two Chevy's and a Chrysler so I did my part but I don't feel like paying exorbitant prices for small parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i plastidipped both my emblems. i tried doing the vinyl but had trouble with getting it perfect and it tore off at the second car wash. plastidipping is so much easier here is how it looks and when i go to sell it (if i ever do) i can jest peel it off

plastidip emblem.jpg plasti dip finish.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts