Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this has been discussed in numerous threads with a variety of conclusions, but I can now provide a conclusive answer:

I just got back to the office after stopping at my dealer's body shop. At my request, they were attempting to conclude whether my Diesel's broken fog light bezel from a deer collision on April 1 could be replaced with the RS chromed fog light bezel. In this pursuit, they went to the effort to actually test-fit an RS bezel into my Diesel bumper cover.

The result - the chromed RS bezel conclusively will NOT fit Diesel/Eco bumpers.

I am pretty confident that this also applies to the LS/LT as well, since I think they use the same fog light kit. (not completely sure about the non-RS version of the LTZ, maybe another member can fill in that gap) I guess those of us with the non-RS Cruze who want chromed bezels are left to either add aftermarket chrome or replace the bumper and related components with RS parts, if possible.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah it looks like the rs bezel is... trapezoidal? and the non rs bezel is parallelogram-ish.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it posisble to replace the entire front facia of a non rs model with the rs model front facia ?
I've seen a few threads where people were suggesting that they might try replacing or adding various RS parts (front facia, rear cover, rocker mouldings) to non-RS models, but I've never caught any photos or reports of a completed job, and as a few members around here like to say, "If there's no pics, it didn't happen."

I know for us Eco and Diesel drivers, we might run into some complications relating to the air dam and active grill shutters, but probably wouldn't know how bad until the car was already apart and re-installation had begun.

When they got my bumper disassembled and inspected it, it turned out I needed a new cover and not just a refinish. Now, I'm wishing I had waited a few months to get the repair done so I could see if we could fit a 2015 fascia to my 2014 Diesel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts