Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im wondering if anyone has ever tried this, I really like the factory cruze splash guards. But unfortunately they have yet to release a version that fits the RS package due to the side skirts taking up the space the guards would go. Has anyone tried finding a longer version of the black plastic push rivet thingy that holds them in place and trimming the overlapping section of the splash guards to fit around the skirt trim so they will just fit over the top of it? Also if anyone has a proper name for the "black plastic push rivet thingy" please feel free to inform me so I don't sound like an idiot calling it that :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
For the front I used Plasticolor soft rubber mud flaps drilled a hole for plastic clip and used a screw to liner.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the front I used Plasticolor soft rubber mud flaps drilled a hole for plastic clip and used a screw to liner.
Any chance you could post a pic? would like to see how they look :eek: I really really like the look of the factory ones that are "3 dimensional" so to speak and overlap the sides/bottom of the car. Was thinking I could paint them to match body color maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Would never expect a sheet metal screw to seat reliably in a very thin plastic wheel well cover. So used Dorman nylon push pin rivets. Auto supply dealers sell these:

Get a pack of ten for around 5 bucks. Or can buy the same kind of push pin rivet that our Cruze's use a bunch of for $4.39 each. Another advantage of them, they don't rust, used these on my old 04 Cavalier, still good, same on the Cruze. Carefully drill hole in the flaps to use the existing push pin rivets that were on the outside.

Use to call these mud flaps for years, but to be politically correct, have to call them splash shields now. Stone guards would even be a more appropriate word. Without them would get all kinds of stone chips in your paint on the sides of the doors and rear bumper. Supra has flared fenders that protects the doors and rear bumper, so doesn't need splash shields, Cruze should have done the same thing, but then the dealers won't get 150 bucks from you to install them.

Prefer installing them myself, least I can installed them straight.
[h=3][/h]

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Jon your link takes you to a windshield cell phone mount for under 20 bucks thread.. Lol

This extraordinary insight brought to you from the confines of my iPhone..
How the [email protected]@$!$';)?

Idk what Autoguide is smoking tonight. The way I found it again was by googling Cruze Really Sexy, and it was like the first CruzeTalk link.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts