Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ayo, my Rtint blackout tint came today so I decided I might as well post a small review as I already took pictures.

First impressions: Its a tint, what else is there to say? Rtint will refund a rebate of the purchase price if you include 4 high res pics of the product installed. So what the hey, installed it and took some pics and hopefully Ill get the rebate, so this is free! Shipping was fine, nothing absurdly fast, nor slow.

Upon installation, everything seemed to go smoothly until I remembered the cruze has that awkward bump on its headlights. But, after all I own a graphics shop I knew I could make it happen. Got out the blow drier, and sure enough installation was a breeze. The tint wrapped around the awkward bump and just had a few air bubbles to squeegee out.

How does it look?
Pretty baller if I do say myself

Now the best part of the headlight blackout tint has to be, that its static and can be removed at any time. That was a huge selling point for me

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...some states have "light output" statutes which require a minimum light intensity at a specified distance.

...I'm guessing the stock OEM lamps would now be below those minimums.

...of course, switching to higher output HID lamps obviously offsets that problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I love the look, however how will this effect light output?
I turned on the lights and they seem fine, albeit a little bit dimmer and an odd shade of purple. Like 70AAR said, a higher intensity bulb would help.

But, I hardly drive at night, and like I said, these are removable/re apply able with a install time of like 20 minutes; so if worse comes to worst I can just peel em off

·
Registered
253 Posts
I turned on the lights and they seem fine, albeit a little bit dimmer and an odd shade of purple. Like 70AAR said, a higher intensity bulb would help.

But, I hardly drive at night, and like I said, these are removable/re apply able with a install time of like 20 minutes; so if worse comes to worst I can just peel em off
wow that looks awesome. now all you need is a set of ddm tuning hids. i have the 35w 6000k's in my gsxr and love them. i get highbeamed everywhere i go. lol. if you get them i suggest the ddm's plus checked for my cruze and there only $60 for the set for everything.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks sweet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow that looks awesome. now all you need is a set of ddm tuning hids. i have the 35w 6000k's in my gsxr and love them. i get highbeamed everywhere i go. lol. if you get them i suggest the ddm's plus checked for my cruze and there only $60 for the set for everything.
Thanks for the heads up, ill definitely be looking into some brighter lamps

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, ill definitely be looking into some brighter lamps
here's a link ours are the h13/9008 hi/lo

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

this is my bike with the high beam hids and the halogen low beam for a rough comparison. just to give you an idea. there alot brighter in person sorry for the bad pic i couldn't get straight on with the camera due to them being way to bright for the camera to focus

·
Registered
13 Posts
I figured it out and are assuming you got it from Rvynils. Did you get the static black or the dark smoke?

... because I have the gray cruze and am considering trying the dark smoke because it will hopefully look better and not affect my lights too much

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
784 Posts
Looks good. If only you had fog lights I wouldn't think it would be as much of a problem. ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Im on the fence with this one.
I think the install looks very clean and matches the car well, but I am concerned with all the rock chips and scratches that might occur from the road. After a while the light would shine through and make it look strange at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts