Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just curious as to what everyone is doing to keep the rubber around the windows and windshield along with the rubber track down both sides of the roof with? I have not done anything to ours and it is starting to look bad. I need to get out and clean it up and put a protectant on it.

Suggestions? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Silicone spray on a towel corner......wipe the ditch mouldings and rubber.....couple of times and they'll be as new.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Silicone spray on a towel corner......wipe the ditch mouldings and rubber.....couple of times and they'll be as new.

Rob
Hey Rob, what would you use for that trim strip that runs along the base of the back window (between window and trunk lid) It doesn't seem like it's the same rubber material around the rest of the windows...mine is starting to turn light.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
My car sits in the sun allot of the day, I have some superficial cracking of the rubber above the rear side windows. More specifically just above those little rear side windows that don't open, but only like 6 inches. The rest looks brand new still.

It almost seems like something got on it and caused the surface to etch/crack in the sun. Noticed the same strange aging on another cruze in a parking lot.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Hey Rob, what would you use for that trim strip that runs along the base of the back window (between window and trunk lid) It doesn't seem like it's the same rubber material around the rest of the windows...mine is starting to turn light.

Sent with iLove 6.0
I'm assuming you mean that sort of 'roughish' strip.......same silicone spray but use a 'T' shirt type material.....anything else leaves the 'fuzzies' behind......several applications, one after the other works well.

Unless you got car wax on it....(I did just a bit)......then I spray brake clean on a towel corner and rub it out....several trys to get it all, then follow with the silicone wetted toweling.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I'm assuming you mean that sort of 'roughish' strip.......same silicone spray but use a 'T' shirt type material.....anything else leaves the 'fuzzies' behind......several applications, one after the other works well.

Unless you got car wax on it....(I did just a bit)......then I spray brake clean on a towel corner and rub it out....several trys to get it all, then follow with the silicone wetted toweling.

Rob
Thanks! I don't think I got wax on it, I'm usually pretty careful, but I suppose it's possible, b/c I don't exactly tape it off. The fading looks pretty uniform. I'll for sure give that a try though :)

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just was curious as to what others use. I like Adam's VRT. Works well and cleans off the glass and paint really easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts