Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
There's a guy on the web who makes them out of silicon and reinforced with Nomex for aircraft and high performance automobiles.

He calls himself GEE-BEE at zip 92270.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a guy on the web who makes them out of silicon and reinforced with Nomex for aircraft and high performance automobiles.

He calls himself GEE-BEE at zip 92270.
I'm using aluminum tubing. Check out the pics I posted.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Are you concerned about heat?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you concerned about heat?
Not since it's much less restrictive at the compressor outlet. There's a little plastic resonator of sorts that the stock rubber tube attatches to that knecks down to about 1.5" for about 3" in length before going into the 2.25" rubber tube. The new tube opens up to 2.25" right from the compressor outlet with no restrictions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far in my log data, it's showing more top end airflow and the turbo spools much smoother and earlier which equates to more low end torque. I'm excited to see how much of a difference the 3" upper charge pipe will make.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So there's a lot to be gained from a good tune. I wonder how much crank hp we can extract from this little 1.4 with the basics. I mean...is it even worth modding?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Will two short sweep pipes (regular 90* radius) work if trimmed? Or do I need a long radius???
I just ordered two short sweeps, so now I am worried.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll play with it later, I ordered 2.0" 2.75" L aluminum pipe and a 2.0" to 1.75" coupler , with t clamps to replace that plastic piece for the time being.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok, so I pulled everything apart. The Hot side turbo exit is 1.25" I.D.
That pastic adapter is 1.125" I.D. and opens up to 1.75" I.D. to match the rubber hose.

I really don't see any reason to go bigger than 1.75" I.D. on this tiny engine with a tiny turbo.

In fact, 1.75" I.D. on the hot and 2" I.D. on the cold is probably more than enough with for the stock turbo. So, it looks like the engineers did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, so I pulled everything apart. The Hot side turbo exit is 1.25" I.D.
That pastic adapter is 1.125" I.D. and opens up to 1.75" I.D. to match the rubber hose.

I really don't see any reason to go bigger than 1.75" I.D. on this tiny engine with a tiny turbo.

In fact, 1.75" I.D. on the hot and 2" I.D. on the cold is probably more than enough with for the stock turbo. So, it looks like the engineers did a pretty good job.
I usually go with the same diameter as the intercooler inlet/outlet as to not cause a restriction of any kind. I also went with 3" cold side tubing because that's where my maf sensor is now and the original maf housing was 3".

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just a thought... hot air=less dense=“less air”=smaller pipe to keep pressure up. Cold air=more dense=“more air”=bigger pipe to flow more. As I said just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts