Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
You'll have to wait for another 2015 owner to check in......you may have found another case of 'Decontenting'.......all manufacturers are guilty of removing something something(s) every model year as a chassis reaches the end of its life cycle.

Rob

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's just sad!! They would delete something so minor. You'd think
it would cost more deleting it than to keep it! All just to save what, 2 cents?

·
Registered
310 Posts
My 14 Ltz has the rubber tabs just to gather more data points.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I recall that back in '12, folks here were complaining that the rubber "one size fits all" tabs were causing some cups to collapse/crush and were taping a couple of them down to help alleviate the problem. I'd guess that Chevy's fix for that problem was to remove them altogether. Also saves a few pennies on content.

FWIW, the ones in my Civic are spring loaded and auto adjust to the cup size. The only problem with them is they harmonically vibrate (if unloaded) at redline. Since I rarely hit redline in Black Betty, it's not a real issue.

Reactions: gopedxr7

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 LTZ RS doesn’t have any rubber of any kind in the cup holders in center console but there’s rubber pads in every other place

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,244 Posts
My 2014 LTZ RS doesn’t have any rubber of any kind in the cup holders in center console but there’s rubber pads in every other place
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I have a 2014 LT with the inserts. I was missing one when I first bought the car. There are slots for them.

If you go to my garage and actually click on this picture, it is bigger and shows more. For some reason though I cannot download it or make appear bigger here or there without clicking on it in the garage.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I have a 2014 LT with the inserts. I was missing one when I first bought the car. There are slots for them.

If you go to my garage and actually click on this picture, it is bigger and shows more. For some reason though I cannot download it or make appear bigger here or there without clicking on it in the garage.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.
2012 LS with the rubber inserts.

How hard was installing the led cup holder pads/coasters?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,244 Posts
2012 LS with the rubber inserts.

How hard was installing the led cup holder pads/coasters?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Piece of cake.

1. Pull the passenger side cover off of the console
2. Drill a small hole for the flat lead in each "holder" bottom
3. Insert the leads and stick the pucks in place
4. Use a grabber to pinch and pull the leads out
5. connect them to the dimming lighting circuit
6. Reinstall the side cover

Wah la

Accent Glow Pucks.png

1 - 15 of 15 Posts