Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Rather have the station wagon version!

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
Typical executive shooting off his mouth before engaging brain. Notice how fast he backtracked when pressed.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Lexus as well as others already have a baby SUV, Chevy is just way behind. Just saying, not exactly a new idea, compare this photo with the proposed Cruze.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
I AM SO GLAD THAT I Gave up wanting a hatchback of any kind and have grown comfortable with the Sports car Realm ...

So will this Cruzen hatch compete with the chevy Trax ?

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
So will this Cruzen hatch compete with the chevy Trax ?
This ^^^! GM's real problem with a "hot Cruze" is the Verano. The next motor up from the 1.4T is the 1.6T, which isn't in North America, so they have to go to the 2.0T, which is used in the Verano. Buick's corporate cousins are really in the way of Chevrolet building high performance models of their cars. Now if Buick doesn't release a hatchback version of the Verano then Chevy is wide open to release a performance version of the Cruze hatchback.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,983 Posts
This ^^^! GM's real problem with a "hot Cruze" is the Verano. The next motor up from the 1.4T is the 1.6T, which isn't in North America, so they have to go to the 2.0T, which is used in the Verano. Buick's corporate cousins are really in the way of Chevrolet building high performance models of their cars. Now if Buick doesn't release a hatchback version of the Verano then Chevy is wide open to release a performance version of the Cruze hatchback.
The 1.6T is actually in our market now in the Buick Cascada. I expect it will filter down the line into something else, but don't expect to see the 2.0T in anything smaller than the Malibu with a Chevy badge. Then they wouldn't be able to sell you a small Buick or Caddy.

Apparently the 2.0T's blow up quite often anyway. I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Apparently the 2.0T's blow up quite often anyway. I'll pass.
- A few years back my brother heard from the GM mechanics that the 2.0t Caddy engine was breaking pistons - customers were using low octane fuel, is what he was told.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,983 Posts
- A few years back my brother heard from the GM mechanics that the 2.0t Caddy engine was breaking pistons - customers were using low octane fuel, is what he was told.
Could be. Apparently still an issue. You'd think they'd have a map to just de-tune the crap out of it to save itself like the Cruze does.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
The 1.6T is actually in our market now in the Buick Cascada. I expect it will filter down the line into something else, but don't expect to see the 2.0T in anything smaller than the Malibu with a Chevy badge. Then they wouldn't be able to sell you a small Buick or Caddy.
Chevy needs to offer performance vehicles on cars besides the Corvette Camaro and the SS. I hear Ford is considering an RS Fiesta - that should be a blast.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
blame the unions
Why? It's in their members interests to make and sell the best and most appealing cars they can.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
blame the unions
For what ? Having money to spend and living above poverty with the ability to raise children that just maybe be able to contribute to Society other than take away from Society as Paupers and Convicts ..

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blame the unions
Don't buy that. The two unions that build the Cruze in Lordstown lobbied for a hatchback three model years ago. Chevy/GM said there wasn't a market for one, even though 40% of Focus sales have been hatchbacks for many model years. We're getting the Cruze Hatch very late in the game, but I'm not holding my hand over my butt in the expectation of a performance one. The Cruze hatch and the Civic hatch are on my short list for 2018 MY.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Post was missing the sarcasm brackets.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It'd be nice, but there'd be a ton of work to do to catch up in the market with what's available already... FiST foST, how many people are waiting for the next gen speed three, Subaru, I've HEARD impressive things of the veloster turbo, gti... It would have to be impressive to be taken seriously. Like beating the snot out of the nurburgring, and then some.

I hope they bring something to the table, but I think their efforts would be better placed in a mini vette type sports car than the hot hatch market... IMHO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts