Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone notice this problem, I had my care updated with emissions update by dealer a few months back and my scan gauge is telling me Eng temp is 226 to 233 and was running 215 to 219 before. Oh ya its a 2011 LTZ 1.4 auto 78000 miles. Yes coolant level is fine and water pump was replaced before problem came up.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
My 2015 commonly peaks at your new thermal range, and I monitor with torque pro, not sure this is helpful, but maybe the new rev of software manipulated how the ECU manages the electronic thermostat. The ECU does this to better control flow for a much more stable temperature on a wider load range another fine feature t improve your emissions.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello all Im still having high temp readings on my scan gauge while driving. It gets to 230 even 232 while driving and hovers around 226 on highway at 45 degrees outside pulled over and fan was running why is it running so hot to even engage the fan on a colder day. Everything else is fine though no coolant loss and its toped off at the reservoir tank. Just think old school to much heat kills puts a lot of strain on stuff. Is there a way to drop the temp would appreciate any input. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts