Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Yesterday while opening the sunroof on my 2010 Cruze, I heard a strange sound while it was opening. Looking at it more closely it seems to have started rusting. Has anyone else seen this before?

IMG_20190202_141556.jpg IMG_20190202_141600.jpg IMG_20190202_141604.jpg IMG_20190202_141608.jpg

Is this part easily removable/replaceable?

Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Everyone

Yesterday while opening the sunroof on my 2010 Cruze, I heard a strange sound while it was opening. Looking at it more closely it seems to have started rusting. Has anyone else seen this before?

View attachment 269217 View attachment 269219 View attachment 269221 View attachment 269223

Is this part easily removable/replaceable?

Thanks.
****, that’s no good. I’m sure that’s an easily replaceable part. I’m starting to see visible rust on the trunk lid on my 2014, pretty disappointing really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmmm, I've never had the sunroof out on a Cruze before, but I'm guessing that part is not serviceable by itself, as in, you would have to replace the entire assembly. Depending on your level of skill in the automotive trade, replacing the sunroof assembly is not terribly difficult, but would require a large amount of your interior to be removed. Headliner would need to be dropped at least, which requires removal of parts like the upper A-pillar, B-pillar and C-pillar trims, which would involve the front seat belts be partially removed (unbolted from the B-pillars). Depending on if the headliner needs to be fully removed or not, the front seats may require removal. And probably a lot of other parts as well. Again, if you're somewhat comfortable working on vehicles, this job would be more time consuming than difficult. But if you have little knowledge or comfort working on vehicles, you may want to take it to an automotive shop, or find a buddy who is handy with vehicles that could help you out.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
You know what, I may stand corrected. I just checked on Mitchell UltraMate and it looks like that part is serviceable separate from the sunroof assembly. It's called the Air Deflector. It only shows a labour time of 0.3 hours to change and doesn't say anything about needing to remove the sunroof assembly to change it. That said, you might want to be sitting down if you check the price at the dealership, it's pretty pricey. I guess you could always try for used though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what, I may stand corrected. I just checked on Mitchell UltraMate and it looks like that part is serviceable separate from the sunroof assembly. It's called the Air Deflector. It only shows a labour time of 0.3 hours to change and doesn't say anything about needing to remove the sunroof assembly to change it. That said, you might want to be sitting down if you check the price at the dealership, it's pretty pricey. I guess you could always try for used though.

Thanks for the update Renaku. Yeah I just happened to find this too;

Chevrolet Cruze Repair Manual: Roof

It seems to mention the same 'Deflector' as you mention. Going to see if I can find a used one at my local wreckers. Will give me good practice in trying to remove it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi Renaku, is it possible for you to give me the part number for this? I am trying to get this fixed now as I have a bit of money saved. The second hand units I have seen in car yards also have the rust as well. So would like to try and purchase a new one. I can't seem to locate the part number though in my instructions from the web and I don't seem to have access to Mitchell Ultramate that you mentioned. Thank you..

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My 12' has a slight leak when it rains which is somewhat normal since there are drain tubes that run down the A pillar. I always make sure to open it up while driving the next day when its dry outside to air dry the mesh air deflector and drip tray.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 12' has a slight leak when it rains which is somewhat normal since there are drain tubes that run down the A pillar. I always make sure to open it up while driving the next day when its dry outside to air dry the mesh air deflector and drip tray.
That's a great idea. I need to find a new deflector because mine is in pretty bad condition. Seen a few at junkyards but they are usually in bad condition too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Managed to find the part number from GMpartsonline. Part "Air Deflector - GM (13473737)"

Now hopefully can source it locally as postage from the US will be ridiculous..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts