Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was inspecting a 2011 Cruze I was considering buying today, and I noticed rust in several different places.

What could be causing this?

20160725_161543.jpg
20160725_161748.jpg
20160725_161543.jpg

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
Perfectly normal for any car driven in snow.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Normal, a 2011 car is 6 or 7 years old, if it was driven in a northern climate with snow that is what happens. Up north cars that are 10 to 15 years old usually start to get rust holes from all the salt used.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
If the car spent time on the coast along the Mediterranean that would have the same affect. Especially if the area had some salt spray from the ocean and car has been sand blasted a few times from driving through blowing sand. I have seen cars in San Diego, CA with a little surface rust but no real cancer because it is so dry there. I bought a motorcycle that was a couple years old that was garaged but spent time on the Florida coast. It had surface rust in spots I never thought about. I have never been to Israel so I am not familiar with the climates inland vs coastal etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is in fact in a coastal city. How serious is this kind of thing however, at what point, does it require replacing the rusted parts?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
That is a hard question to give a definitive answer to. It is a risk versus reward situation, personally from the rust I have seen in MN I wouldn't be worried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts