Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2011 Cruze LT with 28K about a week ago. Gave my car a very first wash last weekend and while I was scrubbing on the door, I noticed a couple, maybe two or three, of rust spots that were chipped...very tiny and hard to notice but should I be complaining and take it in for a check up? I am still under their factory warranty and by any chance, will they do something to it? I mean once you have rust somewhere it will start to spread and I better do something ASAP before it gets worse. Let me know your opinions on it. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Bring it into the dealer, there's a TSB out for paint chipping on the rear doglegs right after the rear doors.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Latest trend is two grind up old tires and use that to repair roads. Do not get all those metal specs out of that stuff and sticks like glue with that tar on it. Could be your problem, sure is mine. Far more easier to clean on a solvent based paint. Using all water based paints now and porous. Really nasty to clean off, need a clay bar. Helps to have a thick coat of wax on it.

Could also be your problem. Windshield is also weird on these cars, some kind of strange plastic coating on that as well. Got me to asking, is new really better?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 Cruze LT with 28K about a week ago. Gave my car a very first wash last weekend and while I was scrubbing on the door, I noticed a couple, maybe two or three, of rust spots that were chipped...very tiny and hard to notice but should I be complaining and take it in for a check up? I am still under their factory warranty and by any chance, will they do something to it? I mean once you have rust somewhere it will start to spread and I better do something ASAP before it gets worse. Let me know your opinions on it. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi BR36TT,

I agree with the previous suggestion as well. If there is paint chipping or rust on your vehicle, the dealership will be able to inspect it to see what is causing this problem, and hopefully get this issue corrected for you. Best to get this addressed as soon as possible. Let us know if you need any assistance with this matter. Please keep us posted.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts