Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the love of my life hurt the other love of my life.
Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Vehicle
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle door
Vehicle Vehicle door Alloy wheel Car Wheel

Trying to figure out the best approach.

Should I get it smoothed out and re-finished... Or buy new bumper and Right Fender and have them painted?

If I go the second route, then there is the diff between OEM/Chevy and Aftermarket (Probably the same, but doesn't have GM stamped on it).

Not going through insurance, so it's out of pocket.

Best quote I've got for Option 1 is $900+tax

I'm ballparking For Option 2:
$700 for GM Parts + $400 for painting
$500 for A.M Parts + $400 for painting

I intend to keep this car for a while... But i've never had to repair damage so I'm not sure the best route to take.

What would you do?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Personally, I'd go with option 1 IF it would look good as new afterword. Even if it looked 90%. For me, double (or even triple) the price is not worth it if I can get it pretty **** close to perfect.

Thank goodness the rim wasn't scratched; what happened?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Go with option one because of the fender, it was just the bumper you can get that pre-painted on ebay for 400.00......A guy is doing my bumper soon off ebay for 400.00 and he has a 100% rating for 13 years on Ebay.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Lol seriously though... What's the deductible on your insurance? Depending on your history your rates may not go up, so you might be able to save some money and still get it done right. Doesn't hurt to call and ask "does my policy theoretically cover...?"

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, Called my insurance (Intact). They said that it would be under my insurance, however my rates would go up.

I have had zero claims in the whole time i've had insurance with any company. I'll double check since I didn't talk to my broker but one of her co-workers last week.

The fender is bent. It has lost its edge, so it would need to be hammered back out if I went with option 1.

I didn't really look at ebay, that might be an option.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Damage looks very similar to the repair I just had done after an accident. Fender, bumper, and mirror (electric, non-heated). With OEM parts and work done at the dealership bodyshop the repair was $1300 (went through the other guys insurance).

That was for new mirror, new fender, reused/refinished original bumper, paint.

OEM replacement fender $179, OEM replacement mirror kit (electric non-heated) $114.33, OEM marker light 28.85. The rest of the $1300 was labor and paint and misc fees.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The cover and the fender are easy fixes and a simple blend for color match. IMO a new fender would require a blend into the passenger door, and a new cover would require a blend into the driver's fender. Just fix what you've already got, and get a new mirror.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.