Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
edit to ask what if I velcro web to seats in trunk?
ORIG POST: We've had our 2016 second gen cruze for 8 mo's but have always been bummed about trunk storage, it looked so large, till we bought a spare. Now I have this big plastic box w/ emergency stuff in it and it takes up most of the space when you need it for other stuff.
I try to keep it away from the rear of trunk near seats cause the battery and wires live under it, Im paranoid it will collapse or leak or anything on them.
My trunk liner thing doesnt fit as snug since we bought a spare (after market couldnt afford 500 buck kit, spare is screwed down w/ bolt that came w/ car)
SO to the point...today I put our old toyota cargo net in back of trunk over battery area and attached it to car frame and put jacks (bottle and scissor and flash light in it ) BUT what if that weight laying over battery and wires is bad? What if god forbid a I forget and repair person pulls the trunk board and the web lets it bare hit the battery area w/ the jacks weight?
Am I too paranoid or is this a bad place for weight? I have the bottle jack in zip bags and plastic dish (no lid wont fit) incase it would leak.
Trunk board is sitting slightly under seat and on trunk edges but does move a tad. I put what would fit, and I could secure down, in spare tire well (cables, wheel chocks, lug wrench).
Nothing to mount the web on in front of trunk plus a pia to lift crap over.
Thanks for your input I really appreciate it and pardon my stupidity. :blush:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an old hydraulic jack in a wooden case and a small metal toolbox with tools in it that are pushed all the way back and they are heavy and the trunk barely bows and if it does drop onto the battery it is still going to have the trunk floor board to block any electrical connection on the battery and the couple inch fall is very unlikely to damage anything since it most likely is going to sag slowly not just fall out. on the 19th mine will be a year old and i have had it there since day one I took it out of the impala I traded and put it in the Cruze no problems so far.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
wait there should be a trunk floor board below the one I have that is like particle board plastic, one of them all we have. Or by floor board you mean the metal trunk base? maybe a box would be better then my cargo net, the net would just stretch and hit the battery. I so appreciate your input thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
which one do you have not to have a spare
Its second gen 2017 (wanted manual shift) LS Came w/ stupid air pump in tire well. If I had known what they cost (kit w/ tire fitted) Id of bargained better but we already had gotten a great price so they buffeted my request and I didnt push ( in retrospect I would thought a few hundred not 5). we got our like new from a wreck donut spare and 2 jacks for less then 200 from a tire shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.