Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
You must have gotten a **** of a deal, given how old the current Evo is, and what else you could buy for a starting MSRP including destination of $35,790. Thats about the same as a new '14 Impala 1LTZ with some extra options thrown in.

·
10,713 Posts
Wouldn't say mpg and can't speak much on reliability as I am Subaru bias. I will say you gained a rather strong following and a future of adventure stories. Do they still offer free Scca memberships for Evo owners with voided warranty if you use it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Ha, EPA 17/23? Could also say goodbye to 40+mpg. And another 15-20,000 bucks.
When you want speed, you don't even look at the sticker. 15-20,000 more than the Cruze i would not get an EVO. But that is just me :)

NOW PICS OP!

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Enjoy the Evo! Are you going to track that bad boy, or just a more fun daily?

·
Registered
198 Posts
HAHA...Congrats!!!...your moving to the car I moved out of. I left my 2011 GSR for a 2012 LTZ Cruze. The Evo was tons of fun, but I was tired of the unwanted attention from the police. The profiling police do, will pull you over for anything, drive perfectly. Also gas was atrocious, and I was doing too much traveling with the job. It has amazing handling and its fun to burn all the ricey imports around. I especially enjoyed it in the rain as you have a sense of confidence that is unparalleled. Also, first thing to do is check out the speedometer, LOL, 0-40 is like only a inch worth of space on it. Its so weird when you have to confine yourself on average to such a small part of the overall speed. It was my dream to own one and I finally was able to, but it was too hard to truly enjoy. Amazing car and have a blast!!!!!

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Mitsubishi is still making cars? Seriously I think they have 2 models now...the Evo and the Outlander. How do they survive in the U.S?

·
10,713 Posts
HAHA...Congrats!!!...your moving to the car I moved out of. I left my 2011 GSR for a 2012 LTZ Cruze. The Evo was tons of fun, but I was tired of the unwanted attention from the police. The profiling police do, will pull you over for anything, drive perfectly. Also gas was atrocious, and I was doing too much traveling with the job. It has amazing handling and its fun to burn all the ricey imports around. I especially enjoyed it in the rain as you have a sense of confidence that is unparalleled. Also, first thing to do is check out the speedometer, LOL, 0-40 is like only a inch worth of space on it. Its so weird when you have to confine yourself on average to such a small part of the overall speed. It was my dream to own one and I finally was able to, but it was too hard to truly enjoy. Amazing car and have a blast!!!!!
Reason I got the Legacy, STi stands out way too much and cost too much to insure. Until all the radical redesigns, the Legacy was a perfect blend of speed and luxury. 18 mpg city no mater how I drive the car and 26 mpg turnpike so long as I watch the boost gauge.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Told my wife last night, I would sure like a 360 HP car when we were creeping along at 2 mph in a traffic jam. Ha, wondering if I could take our riding lawn mower on the sidewalks, that way, we would leave everybody in the dust.

Ha, use to talk about the HP race in the 50's-70's, that was nothing like it is today with more 500+ HP vehicles on the road than ever before. But then in 1973, this nation was in a huge shock when the energy crisis came out of nowhere. Could only buy 5 gallons of gas and had to wait in a long line to get that.

But that was cured eventually by deregulating the price of gas. Can buy all you want depending on the limit of your credit card.

We also have a spy box in our cars not too many people know about, in the event of an accident, if going over 1 mph over the limit, can be screwed to the wall.

In regards to trading off my Cruze, if they come out with one that gets me there with 50+ mpg, then I would be interested. Can't even use the 138 HP that I got.

·
10,713 Posts
NickD, that's the reason I got the Cruze over other cars with more hp. What's the point of the only time you can use the hp in a residential side street because cops and other cars occupy the main roads? More trouble than its worth. The ECO is fast enough for me when passing and getting up to speed on the onramps into 76 mph turnpike traffic. The Legacy got me into more trouble and I wish to brag about, think I found every unmarked VA traffic cop I could find. If I traded, the mpg/range has to be within this car that I can currently get.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah it costs more and gets worse mileage but guys, Racecar.
Personally, I would have gone for a Genesis Coupe, if I'm going to pay for a faster car that is more expensive and uses more gas, I might aswell do it with MORE style, not only the 3.8 Track has 57 more hp, but I think it also has a better mpg than the Evo, and I'm pretty sure it won't call the attention of the cops. Also 6 speed manual sport transmission and 8 speed auto for super smooth city rides? Yes please.

But personally, this is just me, the only Mitsubishi I've ever like is the Eclipse; idk but Mitsubishi cars are too "Japanese" for my personal taste.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts