Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 1st post was asking about break-in procedure as a had a 1k+ trip home from the dealer. Folks quickly answered my question,for which I am grateful. My trip home,Cruze-wise,was uneventful. Can't say the road itself was. I-95 has deteriorated so badly between Florida and North Carolina. Enough about that.
I traded my 2017 1LT Corvette for a '18 A9 diesel in Satin Steel Gray with 2 packages,Driver confidence,Sun & Sound and Leather Package (black). After shopping dealers in South Florida,both for trade-in value and out the door price for purchase only,the best deal I found was at Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg,MD. I came to know them on the Corvette Forums for the top C7 salesman in the USA. He wasn't available,so another salesman worked with me. They offered the best price for my trade-in and price for the TD. The transaction went as smoothly as I could imagine.I was out the door in just over an hour. I was about to purchase wheel locks when I arrived home but looked in the glove box and they had included them.
I managed just over 52 MPG on the 1st tank and I'm over 50 on the 2nd tank so far. I'm sure I would have done better on both but there were several long delays on I-95 which I'm sure didn't help.
I'm very happy so far and have ordered a cover from Microbead and floor liners and trunk liner from Weathertech.
Again,thanks for helping with my 1st question and eventually I hope to be able to contribute.Now,time to remove that ugly front plate holder...…...and get tint done on Thursday.
John

Attachments

Reactions: johnmo

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Got the tint done this afternoon and the Weathertech floor liners and Microbead car cover arrived too. Very happy. I was due to fill the tank for only the 3rd time today. T-Mobile has TMOB Tuesdays that offers discounts and freebies to customers. 1 of the discounts was .25 off per gallon at Shell. So I only paid 2.74 per gallon,which was great for this area. Having only been home for 3 days,I didn't realize so many stations sell diesel. And I learned from the forum to let the foam die down when fueling to get more in the tank. Thanks everyone. Diesel prices vary by as much as .12 per gallon in my area.Gas Buddy app helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I flew from Southern California to Texas many years ago to buy one of the last new SVT Focus models. It's a little stressful knowing something could go wrong after making it that far so it's great when a dealer is reputable and wraps up the deal as honored with minimal hassle. And what better way to enjoy a new car than a quick road trip. :)

Reactions: karmatourer
1 - 4 of 4 Posts