Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Scan Gauge boost readings seem low.

610 6
I am running 93 octane and under WOT I’m only seeing 7.2-9 PSI. I was told these cars ran around 14 psi with the stock tune. Is the scan gauge just not that accurate ? It was about 88-90 degrees outside.
I did purchase a boost gauge but if I can get by with the scan gauge I’ll just get my money back. TIA.
- Caleb
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,998 Posts
Update - when I’m using the MAP function vs the BST. It reads where it should be. I believe the BST reading is being taken from somewhere upstream so it’s reading lower. Idk. Just a theory.
The PID may be just a math formula. Write to Scangauge to see if they may have updated it. When I get a chance, I will set my Scangauge to the Boost function and compare it to my Autometer mechanical boost gauge.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,998 Posts
The PID may be just a math formula. Write to Scangauge to see if they may have updated it. When I get a chance, I will set my Scangauge to the Boost function and compare it to my Autometer mechanical boost gauge.
i am still trying to get my gauge to read boost. I may need to upgrade the firmware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts