Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
So after my recent attempt at trying to find a gauge for my CTD and trying an Edge Insight CTS with no luck (defective unit, last one in stock in my area), I decided to look around for a less expensive alternative. I came across ScanGauge and am currently working with the Development Engineer to get it working fully with the Chevy Cruze Diesel.

I have a custom unit that currently shows a Regen status along with various other working gauges such as Boost PSI, voltages, temperatures, etc. He is working on adding other gauges such as Soot Grams and DEF level gauges. It is quite a bit cheaper than some of the alternatives, such as the Edge Insight CTS and is capable of showing more information than most other gauges. It is able to read and clear codes, has trip monitoring, fuel consumption statistics, the works. It's quite an impressive and compact unit. I'm very pleased with it so far.

If you're interested in this unit, check out the website to read up more on it. I'll be keeping this post updated regularly as more gauges are enabled for this unit.

I just thought you guys may be interested in this as I've seen some posts from people asking about gauges. Below is a screenshot displaying some gauges and a performance video.

Regen Status (shown as RGN), is indicated in numbered states
0 = Off
1 = Active
2 = Completed
3 = Inhibited

The others are pretty self explanatory.
20150728_164009.jpg

TFT = Transmission Fluid Temperature (Shown in Fahrenheit)
STM = Soot Mass in the DPF (Shown in grams) (Not sure on the accuracy of this. I'll have to see how it changes when the car enters a regen)
Soot Mass gauge is inaccurate in photo. Should be showing 12-13 grams.
20150729_191502.jpg

---------------------------------------

July 28th EDIT: Just received a reply from the Development Engineer. He's worked out gauges for the following:
Exhaust Gas Temperature 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit) Reporting accurate data.
Exhaust Gas Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
Reporting accurate data.
Exhaust Gas Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
Reporting accurate data.
DPF Soot Mass (Grams)
Reporting accurate data.
DEF Level (%)
Reporting data. Unsure of accuracy
DEF Range (Miles)
Average DEF Consumption (g/km)
Remaining DEF in Tank (lbs)
DEF Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit) Reporting data. Unsure of accuracy

Some of those, mainly the DEF readings, I didn't even think the vehicle would read at all. I'll be testing these out shortly and will let you all know how it goes!

EDIT: So all these gauges report data and they seem to be functioning as intended. I'll need to wait for a regen to occur so I can see how the data for the Regen Status and DPF Soot Mass behaves.

July 29th EDIT: I've received some m
ore gauges from the Development Engineer. I'll post them below and some pictures showing the gauges on the device itself.
Intake Air Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit) Reporting accurate data.
Intake Air Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
Reporting accurate data.
Charge Air Cooler Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit) Reporting no data
Relative Humidity (%) Reporting no data
Extended MAP (PSI) Reporting no data
Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit) Reporting accurate data.

July 30th EDIT: I received 2 more gauges. These ones will come in handy if they work! I'll test them tomorrow.
Engine Oil Pressure (PSI) Reporting accurate data.
Torque Delivered (Ft-Lbs)
Reporting accurate data.

EDIT: Tested the 2 gauges above and they seem to be reporting accurate data!

August 3rd EDIT: 3 more gauges available that I will be testing tomorrow.
Torque Converter Clutch Slip Speed (RPM) Reporting accurate data.
Gear Ratio (x.xx:1) Reporting accurate data,
Current Gear (13 = Neutral, 14 = Reverse, 15 = Park, 1 = 1st gear, 2 = 2nd, etc) Reporting accurate data.

August 4th EDIT: A couple more DPF related gauges I will be trying out tomorrow. They may or may not work. Let's hope they do!
Distance Since Last DPF Regeneration (Miles) Reporting inaccurate data.
Number of Completed DPF Regenerations (#)
Reporting accurate data.

20150805_185527.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Interesting! i like the compact size.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Lets hope he can get the other gauges operational. I would seriously consider this. It looks great.

·
Super Moderator
7,696 Posts
Combien ca coute?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lets hope he can get the other gauges operational. I would seriously consider this. I looks great.
I've edited the main post with the gauge names he's sent me. I've tested the following and they are all reporting data:
Exhaust Gas Temperature 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
Exhaust Gas Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
Exhaust Gas Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
DPF Soot Mass (Grams)
DEF Level (%)
DEF Range (Miles)

Average DEF Consumption (g/km)
Remaining DEF in Tank (lbs)
DEF Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)

I have yet to observe my vehicle go into a regen state to see how the data for Regen Status and DPF Soot Mass behaves. When I do, I'll let you guys know! So far things are looking promising.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Engine Oil Pressure (PSI) and Torque Delivered (Ft-Lbs) have been added and are working great!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Tranny temp is awesome for us who tow! Also to get it to the proper temp to check the fluid level.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do like the price and size of this unit. Any idea when the gauges will be available to the rest of us?
At the moment your guess is as good as mine. I'm not sure what else the Development Engineer needs to do to complete the testing on his end. He may have a few more gauges to input and test. As soon as I get word from him I'll let you all know.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've received a reply from the Development Engineer again and he's setup a system on the ScanGauge website to be able to purchase test units with a $50 discount. Here's a quote from the email I received.

I've added a coupon code to our checkout page (at www.ScanGauge.com) so people can use to indicate they'd like the experimental version. The coupon code is 'CruzeDiesel', and it will give them a $50 discount on a ScanGauge as our way of saying thanks for testing it out for us. I've set the coupon to allow up to 5 uses, but if there's demand for more than that I can kick it up a bit. I'll also see about having most of the working XGauges we've tested pre-programmed into the unit so people don't need to enter them all in. Also, since this is experimental, if for any reason people wish to return their unit we'll give them a refund even if it's past the 30-day risk free trial. Feel free to let them know, and if it's on a forum just let me know and I'd be happy to hop on and answer any questions they might have.

He mentioned that he'd be willing to come on the forum to answer questions, so if you have any, ask away!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Is it easy to program these perimeters into the Scan Gauge II?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have one of these already can it be updated to read the parameters you are listing for the TD.
As i do not think they are already there

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm the ScanGauge developer LiveTrash has been working with. I'm more than happy to answer any questions.

Would this fit in the compartment in front of the shift level? Looks like it may be too wide.
I'm not sure of the dimensions of the compartment, but I know the ScanGauge is 4.8 Inches wide x 1.5 inches tall x 1 inch deep. LiveTrash may know better than I do since he's currently testing one out.

Is it easy to program these perimeters into the Scan Gauge II?
It's fairly easy to be honest. You just need to punch in a sequence of numbers/letters as the ScanGauge prompts you for them. If anything it's just a little tedious. However during this testing period I'll likely have these XGauges pre-programmed into the firmware so they won't have to be typed in. I'm still working on coming up with more so at worst you may have to type in any new ones that come out after your unit was originally programmed.

I have one of these already can it be updated to read the parameters you are listing for the TD.
As i do not think they are already there
If anyone currently has a ScanGauge and would like this firmware I'd be happy to update your unit with this firmware. Just send your unit to:

Linear Logic LLC
ATTN: James DeLong
2222 S. Dobson Rd
STE 800
Mesa, AZ 85202

Just include a note that you'd like the Cruze Diesel firmware and your desired return address. The update and return shipping are free. If you're outside the United States contact me via E-mail first ([email protected]) and we can arrange an update if possible.

If there are any other questions feel free to ask away. Also, if there are any other parameters you'd like the ScanGauge to monitor just let me know and I'll see what I can do. Most likely if it's reported via the ECU we should be able to monitor it.

James DeLong
Linear Logic LLC

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Thanks James. :)

I just ordered one and used the "CruzeDiesel" code at checkout. Looking forward to setting it up and reading, boost, TFT, and regen for the most part. I'm sure there are more, just can't remember them right now.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would this fit in the compartment in front of the shift level? Looks like it may be too wide.
It's too wide to sit in there but I'm sure if you're handy enough you could come up with some make-shift holster for it that would allow it to sit snugly in that compartment. I'm still deciding where I'm going to permanently mount mine.

Thanks James. :)

I just ordered one and used the "CruzeDiesel" code at checkout. Looking forward to setting it up and reading, boost, TFT, and regen for the most part. I'm sure there are more, just can't remember them right now.
As James had mentioned, he's hoping to have most if not all of the gauges I've been testing pre-programmed into the unit that will be shipped to you. You can see all the ones that I've tested and the ones that are working on the main post of this thread.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I am concerned about the accuracy of the grams of soot in the second picture. Mine has never gone over 20 - can anybody comment on why there was 35 grams displayed?

1 - 20 of 236 Posts