Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

As of right now we have a pretty good test group going and everything appears to be working properly, so I'll likely end the 'CruzeDiesel' coupon code in the next day or so. I'll probably still leave it up so people can use it to indicate they'd like to try the experimental firmware, but the discount will likely be gone or greatly reduced, so get your orders in now while you can!

Also, anyone that currently owns a ScanGauge can send it in for a free update. Just indicate that you want the Cruze Diesel special firmware and mark it to my attention (James) and I'll get you set up with it.
James, I just wanted to let you know that although I haven't purchased my diesel Cruze yet (I am aiming for Labor Day weekend), I just purchased my second ScanGauge II from you guys. The first one has been excellent; I am VERY excited to have the same interface on the way for my new car, but with SUPER important information like the regen cycle data. Thanks in advance!!!

Also, thank you VERY much for this list of abbreviations Mr. LiveTrash:

• RGN DPF Regen Status (0 = Off, 1 = Active, 2 = Completed, 3 = Inhibited)
  • DSR Distance since Last Regen (Miles)
  • NCR Number of Completed Regens (#)
  • EG1 Exhaust Gas Temperature 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • EG2 Exhaust Gas Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • EG3 Exhaust Gas Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • STM DPF Soot Mass (Grams)
  • LVL Diesel Exhaust Fluid Level (%)
  • RNG Diesel Exhaust Fluid Range (Miles) (Note: Shows 4095 until range drops below 4095 Miles)
  • ADC Average DEF Consumption (g/mile)
  • LBS Remaining DEF in Tank (Pounds)
  • IA2 Intake Air Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • IA3 Intake Air Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • TFT Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • PSI Engine Oil Pressure (PSI)
  • RPM Torque Converter Clutch Slip Speed (RPM)
  • GRT Gear Ratio (X.XX : 1)
  • GER Current Gear (13 = Neutral, 14 = Reverse, 15 = Park, 1 = 1st, 2 = 2nd, etc)
  • MIT Main Injection Timing (Degrees)
  • FLT Fuel Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • ​BR1 Cylinder Balancing Rates (cubic mm) (More will be added for each cylinder)
The DEF Level may work the same way as DEF Range and only start changing at a certain point, possibly when there's 4095 miles remaining. This is beyond the gauge's control as this would be the vehicle's sensor that is not reading all of what is in the tank

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will repost my question from my own thread here, as I only had this information about regen due to my awesome ScanGauge.

Any ideas, folks? :)

Yesterday morning, I pulled into work 1 minute before needing to be at my desk and looked over to notice the ScanGauge showing ~1100 degrees at Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor #1 - so a regen was in progress. The soot level was only down to 12 or 13. I didn't want to turn the damned car off in the midst of that.

I messaged my boss and advised I was in the parking lot due to my car being picky (and he was cool with it, I just skipped my morning break). I let it run all the way through to 3 grams of soot and the temps fell to ~900 degrees. I turned the car off and ran in to my desk.

After work, I drove normally ~2 miles to dinner with a buddy, and then ~21 miles home. From work to dinner, the car jumped from 3 grams to 6 grams of soot. From dinner to home, again driving normally, it jumped from 6 grams to 16 grams.

Is this normal behavior for after a "skipped regen" - because I should have let the car run slightly longer?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You're fine. Don't worry about it. That's normal. All DPFs do that.
I posted in your other thread.
Thank you both - after a few days of driving my newly-rebuilt Subaru, I did today's commute in the Cruze - and it only went up from 16 to 17 grams of soot, much more normal for the total commute.

DID anyone ever figure out how to do a manual regen, without going to the dealership?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.