Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
[QFor those who've experienced a regen, have you ever gotten out of car and put hand under exhaust (carefully of course) while its regenning?? The exhaust coming out of the tail pipe is super hot. I haven't taken my laser temp gauge to it, BUT its amazing how hot it gets during regen. I suspect the same temps (or near) are occurring under the hood.UOTE]For those who've experienced a regen, have you ever gotten out of car and put hand under exhaust (carefully of course) while its regenning?? The exhaust coming out of the tail pipe is super hot. I haven't taken my laser temp gauge to it, BUT its amazing how hot it gets during regen. I suspect the same temps (or near) are occurring under the hood.
[/QUOTE]
I've been running scan gauge since mid summer. Generally monitor a lot of different thing (EOP-oil pressure, TFT - Tranny fluid Temp, Map, RGN,) But I follow EG1 (Exhaust Gas Temp @ 1st sensor) most. During RGN the EG1 bounces between 1000-1200 degrees. So I'm sure the exhaust the whole way back is pretty warm.

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use the Scan gauge to monitor RGN (Regen Status), STM (Soot), DST (Distance since last Regen) & EG1 (Exhaust Temp) most of the time. Soon I'll be towing and would like to monitor OP (oil Pressure), TFT (Transmission Fluid temp), WT (Water temp) & GER (Gear). Is there a way to preset different reading and toggle all four at once?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.