Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The problem is, during the pre-regen danger zone, the regen indicator is still off. You have to look at other parameters (manifold pressure) to determine when you are in the danger zone.

From my experience, it's roughly 10-15 minutes in the CTD, give or take.
The danger zone is for about a minute or less in pregen, just a DIC indicator saying not to turn car off and keep driving and the car to be smart enough to not let you turn car off would work fine. It would almost rarely ever happen. The whole problem would be solved. Or three colors on the light, red for don't turn off, yellow for regen, green for finished.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
You might be able to idle for 20 seconds and finish if it is close to being done, but generally no, need to be moving and rpms be higher than idle

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
So when I use the CruzeDiesel coupon code, it comes pre-programmed with all of the relevant XGuages?
I called them directly and made sure it was programmed for Cruze diesel, been happy with it so far. Yesterday I had a regen and it said it was at 24 grams when it started, never had it go that high before a regen.

Reactions: GMMillwright

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
What were the circumstances leading up to it? I am guessing you interrupted a regen in progress (RGN=1) at 17 or 18 grams, and then it accumulated quickly up to 24 before the engine was warm enough to initiate the continuation.
No interuption prior to it going to 24. It began and it went down to 6 then I shut the car off and it completed after that fine. It was on 22 and I took a friend to dinner and we ate dinner, when car was shut off the map was 14.6 as I recall and rgn was zero. I just found it strange, never happened before, it has gone to 23 before but not 24 that I ever observed.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have had as high as 25 or 26 without seeing any "keep driving" or other dpf related messages. Was at 21 and climbed fairly quickly running short around town trips over a weekend (car never reached op temp or saw speeds above 35). It depends on driving habits and certain conditions. If the car isn't up to operating temps or you're driving below the minimum speed/rpm (30mph?) and egt1 is less than 1075F, it may not regen which can allow additional soot to accumulate. Ive noticed soot can climb rather quickly after 21. Nothing to worry about though.
Turned out fine, when it was at 24 I kept driving until regen began then it seemed pretty normal. The interval was pretty normal for in town driving, was like 235 miles. I guess no big deal.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Went to ScanGauge.com, clicked on Where To Buy, clicked on Online Retailers, Amazon was listed as a Scan Gauge Vendor so I ordered a Scan Gauge II.

Install went fine, but not seeing any instructions in the User Guide on how to read Soot Mass numbers or Regen status.

Sorry if covered before, need a little help here. Thanks!
The scanguage has to be programmed for the Cruze diesel. I bought mine directly from manufacturer with Cruze diesel programming.

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Guess I'll be contacting Scan Gauge tomorrow. I emailed Scangauge before ordering to confirm I had the right model for the Cruze diesel, they said yes but didn't mention anything about needing special programming. I just clicked on their Amazon link shown on the Scangauge.com website.
I think the special programming has the codes that are just for the Cruze diesel. They will assist, I found them pretty helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Got the PM, thanks LiveTrash!

Also got a link from Scan Gauge Customer Support with no less than 22 X-Gauges that can be programmed specific to the Gen 1 CTD.

https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-commands/chevy-cruze-diesel/

Creating/programming an X-Gauge seems straightforward but takes about 5 minutes per gauge. I'd rather not spend a couple of hours sitting in my car in 100 plus degree heat (yes it's 100 at night here) programming all 22 gauge options.

Can I get a list of the top 5 or 10 gauges most useful for the Gen 1 CTD?
STM, DSR, MAP, RGN are the four I use. STM is soot grams, DSR is miles from last regen, MAP is manifold pressure it will drop to below 12 prior to regen, RGN is 0 when not in regen, 1 for regen during regen, 2 when complete

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I didn't have to program it like that at all, I would guess when added from scanguage they do that for you when requesting it for Cruze diesel. I was done in just a couple min, they provided a sheet which I probably threw away with the codes for diesel. I use this device but can't say I love the darn thing, don't like having it to be honest, we should not have to have it, gm should have let us know when the car is in regen mode. If it were not for others having to do manual regen I wouldn't own the device personally.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
All you have to do is order direct from manufacture of scanguage, ask for programming for Chevy Cruze Diesel and it will work without any additional programming. I assume this works for gen 2 but I dunno.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.