Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Does the ScanGauge II have a Distance To Empty (DTE) parameter? One thing I miss on the CTD that I had on the TDI is Distance To Empty (DTE) displayed on the DIC along with Distance Driven (Trip). On the CTD, the DTE reading is on a separate screen from the Trip 1 or Trip 2 screens so I'm constantly having to toggle between screens.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Went to ScanGauge.com, clicked on Where To Buy, clicked on Online Retailers, Amazon was listed as a Scan Gauge Vendor so I ordered a Scan Gauge II.

Install went fine, but not seeing any instructions in the User Guide on how to read Soot Mass numbers or Regen status.

Sorry if covered before, need a little help here. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
The scanguage has to be programmed for the Cruze diesel. I bought mine directly from manufacturer with Cruze diesel programming.
Guess I'll be contacting Scan Gauge tomorrow. I emailed Scangauge before ordering to confirm I had the right model for the Cruze diesel, they said yes but didn't mention anything about needing special programming. I just clicked on their Amazon link shown on the Scangauge.com website.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Got the PM, thanks LiveTrash!

Also got a link from Scan Gauge Customer Support with no less than 22 X-Gauges that can be programmed specific to the Gen 1 CTD.

https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-commands/chevy-cruze-diesel/

Creating/programming an X-Gauge seems straightforward but takes about 5 minutes per gauge. I'd rather not spend a couple of hours sitting in my car in 100 plus degree heat (yes it's 100 at night here) programming all 22 gauge options.

Can I get a list of the top 5 or 10 gauges most useful for the Gen 1 CTD?

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Confirmed today from Scan Gauge there's no 'firmware' specific to our CTD and it does not matter if you buy it directly from Scan Gauge or through one of their vendors, you'll get the very same device and configuration.

The X-Gauge is the feature that must be manually programmed to access 22 gauges for the CTD. The link to the 22 gauges and their codes is a couple of posts above.

The manual does does a pretty good job of describing how to program X-Gauge but this YouTube link was VERY helpful for me (thanks LiveTrash). And thanks everyone for all the help/input!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ggphJ60cDI

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
So it seems the general firmware upgrade is on all units and simply unlocks the ability to use it on the Cruze Diesel. When I started working with ScanGauge they sent me a test unit which was labelled as having "a custom firmware loaded on" so I was initially under the impression you needed a Cruze Diesel specific firmware. Glad to see that is not the case. Hopefully the gauges work out for you @Rivergoer
Yep, STM and DSR programmed as X-Gauges today. STM shows 3 and DSR shows 78 so I must've just completed a Regen. I agree with IndyDiesel, seems like a Regen status standard with the CTD would be helpful (at a minimum).

Pretty cool, was on the fence for awhile but glad I spent the money for Scan Gauge. Can't say the same about my better half. Uh, she's...let's say...less than enthusiastic.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
According to their website we need Firmware version 4.42 to access what we want.
The unit I bought off the shelf at autozone has V4.13 so I need to send it in for a upgrade from what I understand.
Bummer, sounds like you got an old version. I checked the box, no indication on the outside what version you're buying. Had to pull it up on the Scan Gauge to verify I have version 4.42. Got mine online from Amazon. I got linked to Amazon via the Scangauge.com vendor list.

Give Cust Service a call or email, they seem pretty responsive and hopefully can get you updated.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Before you buy scan gauge

Do you live in the US? Go to this website: https://www.scangauge.com/shop/

Add a ScanGauge II to your cart. Proceed to checkout, fill out the appropriate information. Once you get to the end at "Order Notes", copy and paste the following quote into there:

ATT James DeLong: Please have this gauge programmed with the Chevy Cruze Diesel firmware. Thank you!

The only thing is, that gauge is regular price and the Amazon listing is on sale. You can try to contact ScanGauge directly and see if they'll provide a discount for you directly from them.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to buy a Scan Gauge II, read the above quote from @LiveTrash. I wish I had before I ordered mine. Alas I was too lazy to read and learn from others here (sorry).

After my SGII buying experience, I spent a couple of hours reading through this entire thread. It seems the information I got from Linear Logic customer service, while accurate, did not tell the whole story. They did confirm the Scan Gauge II will work with the CTD, they just left out the part about how to get the unit 'pre-programmed' for this vehicle. That apparently requires special communication.

If you don't feel like spending an hour or two programming the CTD-specific X-Gauge options in yourself or having to ship the unit to Linear Logic for programming then:

1) Order directly from scangauge.com (not Amazon or other "authorized vendors")
2) Copy and paste the quote above into the Order Notes section

Only if you follow these steps will you receive a unit pre-programmed with the CTD-specific gauges.

In closing, a BIG thanks to @LiveTrash for all the great work here. This thread is worthy of a Sticky IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.