Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Does the Scan Guage read and clear check engine lights? Any discounts on it during the holidays? Thanks.
Yes it does read and clear codes/engine lights. As for deals, you have to inquire about that through ScanGauge's customer support.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
$114 shipped on Amazon. Thanks, should be here by Thurs.
Did you get this for a Diesel or Gas Cruze? I don't think Amazon sells the ScanGauge specifically programmed for the Diesel Cruze.

If you got it for a Diesel Cruze then I would cancel the order before it goes through unless it specifically says on the product page it had the Diesel programming on it. You'll need to contact ScanGauge directly on their website when you order it to tell them you want the special programming.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI - SGII can be updated.

FYI -
So I called ScanGuage and was told that they will reprogram the SG II specifically for the Chevy Cruze Diesel free of charge, you just need to pay to ship it to them.
Also, the SG II can also be reprogrammed after that, say maybe if you happen to buy the Diesel Equinox that is due next year. :)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Copy, Thanks I cancelled. So anyone have a link to the correct part or should I just call Scan Guage. Thanks for the help.
Do you live in the US? Go to this website: https://www.scangauge.com/shop/

Add a ScanGauge II to your cart. Proceed to checkout, fill out the appropriate information. Once you get to the end at "Order Notes", copy and paste the following quote into there:
ATT James DeLong: Please have this gauge programmed with the Chevy Cruze Diesel firmware. Thank you!
The only thing is, that gauge is regular price and the Amazon listing is on sale. You can try to contact ScanGauge directly and see if they'll provide a discount for you directly from them.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
You can try to contact ScanGauge directly and see if they'll provide a discount for you directly from them.
The coupon code DIESELCRUZE still works for $25 off. Not as cheap as Amazon, but certainly less hassle than mailing your gauge out for an update.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Unfortunately my order from amazon came today. I guess ill have to ship it to them. Will it read a current check engine light code without the specific cruze diesel package? Ill check when i get home.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On Friday I called ScanGauge direct to order a unit for my CTD...talked to Christina (I think), ordered a ScanGauge II with the CTD package, then asked whether there were any discounts for being old, being ugly, being a vet or being a CruzTalk user. She said the CruzTalk user was worth $25 off, so you might want to call direct to order yours !!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
On Friday I called ScanGauge direct to order a unit for my CTD...talked to Christina (I think), ordered a ScanGauge II with the CTD package, then asked whether there were any discounts for being old, being ugly, being a vet or being a CruzTalk user. She said the CruzTalk user was worth $25 off, so you might want to call direct to order yours !!
Nice to see they're still offering something off for CruzeTalk members! The gauge will work out very nicely for you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like suggestions on where to mount it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the offer...I have a dash-cam review mirrow clipped over the OEM mirror, so I'll be clipping the ScanGauge up high, just to the left of the mirror. The previous threads give good guidance !!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use the Scan gauge to monitor RGN (Regen Status), STM (Soot), DST (Distance since last Regen) & EG1 (Exhaust Temp) most of the time. Soon I'll be towing and would like to monitor OP (oil Pressure), TFT (Transmission Fluid temp), WT (Water temp) & GER (Gear). Is there a way to preset different reading and toggle all four at once?

181 - 200 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.