Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
So it seems the general firmware upgrade is on all units and simply unlocks the ability to use it on the Cruze Diesel. When I started working with ScanGauge they sent me a test unit which was labelled as having "a custom firmware loaded on" so I was initially under the impression you needed a Cruze Diesel specific firmware. Glad to see that is not the case. Hopefully the gauges work out for you @Rivergoer
Yep, STM and DSR programmed as X-Gauges today. STM shows 3 and DSR shows 78 so I must've just completed a Regen. I agree with IndyDiesel, seems like a Regen status standard with the CTD would be helpful (at a minimum).

Pretty cool, was on the fence for awhile but glad I spent the money for Scan Gauge. Can't say the same about my better half. Uh, she's...let's say...less than enthusiastic.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
According to their website we need Firmware version 4.42 to access what we want.
The unit I bought off the shelf at autozone has V4.13 so I need to send it in for a upgrade from what I understand.
Bummer, sounds like you got an old version. I checked the box, no indication on the outside what version you're buying. Had to pull it up on the Scan Gauge to verify I have version 4.42. Got mine online from Amazon. I got linked to Amazon via the Scangauge.com vendor list.

Give Cust Service a call or email, they seem pretty responsive and hopefully can get you updated.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Before you buy scan gauge

Do you live in the US? Go to this website: https://www.scangauge.com/shop/

Add a ScanGauge II to your cart. Proceed to checkout, fill out the appropriate information. Once you get to the end at "Order Notes", copy and paste the following quote into there:

ATT James DeLong: Please have this gauge programmed with the Chevy Cruze Diesel firmware. Thank you!

The only thing is, that gauge is regular price and the Amazon listing is on sale. You can try to contact ScanGauge directly and see if they'll provide a discount for you directly from them.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to buy a Scan Gauge II, read the above quote from @LiveTrash. I wish I had before I ordered mine. Alas I was too lazy to read and learn from others here (sorry).

After my SGII buying experience, I spent a couple of hours reading through this entire thread. It seems the information I got from Linear Logic customer service, while accurate, did not tell the whole story. They did confirm the Scan Gauge II will work with the CTD, they just left out the part about how to get the unit 'pre-programmed' for this vehicle. That apparently requires special communication.

If you don't feel like spending an hour or two programming the CTD-specific X-Gauge options in yourself or having to ship the unit to Linear Logic for programming then:

1) Order directly from scangauge.com (not Amazon or other "authorized vendors")
2) Copy and paste the quote above into the Order Notes section

Only if you follow these steps will you receive a unit pre-programmed with the CTD-specific gauges.

In closing, a BIG thanks to @LiveTrash for all the great work here. This thread is worthy of a Sticky IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
All you have to do is order direct from manufacture of scanguage, ask for programming for Chevy Cruze Diesel and it will work without any additional programming. I assume this works for gen 2 but I dunno.

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Registered
627 Posts
All you have to do
Famous last words.
We can not get internet/cable at our new house. Cell phones barely work 1/2 the time so heavy internet surfing is gone. Some cursory reading of the SG2 looked like what I needed and our daughter was visiting with her 1.4L Cruze with a CEL light so I called around and found one locally, with out dated firmware.

That is how I ended up with a non-CTD compliant unit and why I can't do countless down loads to upgrade. Everyone in this country can't spend hours doing in depth research on the internet, yet.

AT&T, we're ready for AirGig!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just walked into the Linear Logic office today and they flashed my firmware for free. They also put in a new display, and chip since it's required for the new firmware..... so I have a new SGII in an old case. He also gave me a printout with the CTD extras on it. This place rocks. Online I saw it costs $25 to do it by mail.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ha. Now I wish I hadn't hooked it up. I guess ignorance IS bliss. I'm averaging less that 400 miles per regen. Just watched it cycle twice during one tank. Oh well. As long as my car keeps going without Emissions issues I'm good.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,528 Posts
Will the updated unit still work with a non-diesel Cruze? I have been waiting to purchase for a few reasons and thought - why not get an updated unit for future resale if I ever need to part out my car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Other than the regen information, why else would I want this scangauge? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the money with a deleted cruze.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I'm putting this here in case anyone else has issues like what I'm having.

It just started today. When driving the ScangaugeII will get bright and then blank out and all the parameters will come back on. It has done it pretty consistent and seems to be getting worse. It would happen every minute or so and now is down to every 14 seconds.

I'm going to contact Scangauge and see what is going on and if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Update to my ScanGauge II issue. I sent it in for repair and had it back within a week free of charge. So if anyone is having issues with their ScanGauge II call them and let them know that you are sending it in. All repairs are free. I'm back up and running and really missed it. Not fun not knowing when it was going into regen.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
2nd gen Cruze diesel support?

If so you'll convert me from Ultragauge to Scan gauge.

Ultragauge customer service was less than helpful when I asked about some pids......

EDIT: Well their site shows a picture of a 2nd gen when looking at the Cruze Diesel features and it says any 2014+ diesel.

Went ahead and ordered one. I will report back how it works on a 2nd gen.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Welp got my gauge today. I put in the discount code to get it pre-programmed with cruze diesel x gauges and it came blank.

I took the time to program EGT1, Soot mass, regen status and current gear.
The only one that seems to work is EGT1. The rest stay blank.

2nd gen is a no go with those pids as of right now.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
221 - 236 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.