Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am concerned about the accuracy of the grams of soot in the second picture. Mine has never gone over 20 - can anybody comment on why there was 35 grams displayed?
I believe your concern is warranted. I've found a possible error in the XGauge code which may have caused a reading of roughly 3x the correct value. I've sent LiveTrash a corrected XGauge. I believe with the corrected code that 32.5 grams will actually read about 12-13 grams.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I believe your concern is warranted. I've found a possible error in the XGauge code which may have caused a reading of roughly 3x the correct value. I've sent LiveTrash a corrected XGauge. I believe with the corrected code that 32.5 grams will actually read about 12-13 grams.
Awesome, thanks. Please confirm that if I order one it will have the updated code. i like the smaller size of this one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome, thanks. Please confirm that if I order one it will have the updated code. i like the smaller size of this one.
I've just finished the firmware that will have certain XGauges pre-programmed into it that appear to be reading properly. The Soot Mass parameter is using the updated code. This is the current list of pre-programmed XGauges:

RGN - DPF Regen Status (0 = Off, 1 = Active, 2 = Completed, 3 = Inhibited)
EG1 - Exhaust Gas Temperature 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
EG2 - Exhuast Gas Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
EG3 - Exhaust Gas Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
STM - DPF Soot Mass (Grams)
LVL - Diesel Exhaust Fluid Level (%)
RNG - Diesel Exhaust Fluid Range (Miles)
ADC - Average DEF Consumption (g/mile)
LBS - Remaining DEF in Tank (Pounds)
IA2 - Intake Air Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
IA3 - Intake Air Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
TFT - Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
EOP - Engine Oil Pressure (PSI)

As new codes come out they'll probably be added to the pre-programmed list. Anything new that's not pre-programmed can simply be entered by the user into the ScanGauge and it should work if they have the experimental firmware (4.31CD).

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I might have jumped the gun a little early on ordering mine. Hopefully you are able to get it pre-programmed for my Cruze Diesel before it gets shipped. :)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The new gauge for soot grams works now. I'm showing 17 grams and I expect a regen to occur soon. I'll be able to then see if the regen and soot mass gauges are functioning as intended.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good to here things are working out well
Sending my unit off tomorrow for an update :eek:ccasion14:
I have had it on my f350 Powerstroke for quite awhile as now it is my tow pig only driven on the weekends.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just put my order in. Sounds like they will take care of us through these initial stages. The price was right too.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Sounds good, I just placed my order

·
Registered
611 Posts
What did you end up paying? The site lists this the Scangauge II at $169.95. Did you get $50 off of that with the code that was listed on an earlier page?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm the ScanGauge developer LiveTrash has been working with. I'm more than happy to answer any questions.

I'm not sure of the dimensions of the compartment, but I know the ScanGauge is 4.8 Inches wide x 1.5 inches tall x 1 inch deep. LiveTrash may know better than I do since he's currently testing one out.

It's fairly easy to be honest. You just need to punch in a sequence of numbers/letters as the ScanGauge prompts you for them. If anything it's just a little tedious. However during this testing period I'll likely have these XGauges pre-programmed into the firmware so they won't have to be typed in. I'm still working on coming up with more so at worst you may have to type in any new ones that come out after your unit was originally programmed.

If anyone currently has a ScanGauge and would like this firmware I'd be happy to update your unit with this firmware. Just send your unit to:

Linear Logic LLC
ATTN: James DeLong
2222 S. Dobson Rd
STE 800
Mesa, AZ 85202

Just include a note that you'd like the Cruze Diesel firmware and your desired return address. The update and return shipping are free. If you're outside the United States contact me via E-mail first ([email protected]) and we can arrange an update if possible.

If there are any other questions feel free to ask away. Also, if there are any other parameters you'd like the ScanGauge to monitor just let me know and I'll see what I can do. Most likely if it's reported via the ECU we should be able to monitor it.

James DeLong
Linear Logic LLC
Very glad to see you're with us here, James! I've been a loyal fan of your products for almost 8 years now. I was going to send mine in for updates a few years back, but I couldn't bring myself to drive without it.

Sent from my awesome iPhone

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
What did you end up paying? The site lists this the Scangauge II at $169.95. Did you get $50 off of that with the code that was listed on an earlier page?

yes, it was like 131 with shipping added

·
Registered
16 Posts
The CruzeDiesel coupon code had all it's redemption's used by late yesterday, but I've increased the number of allowed redemption's this morning so it should be working again. The total should come to $119.95 + any shipping charges.

Very glad to see you're with us here, James! I've been a loyal fan of your products for almost 8 years now. I was going to send mine in for updates a few years back, but I couldn't bring myself to drive without it.
Wow, 8 years! That goes back to nearly the first SG2's! Glad to hear you're happy, and if you ever do decide to send your unit in for an update just put a note in there that you're from the CruzeTalk forums and mark it to my attention - I'll get it updated for free.

I've also updated the pre-programmed XGauge list to include the following:

TSS - Torque Converter Clutch Slip Speed (RPM)
GRT - Gear Ratio (X.XX : 1)
GER - Current Gear (13 = Neutral, 14 = Reverse, 15 = Park, 1 = 1st, 2 = 2nd, etc)

I'll keep adding to the list as results come in from our testers. If anyone with the experimental firmware wants the XGauges to these new pre-programmed XGauges, or for any of the experimental XGauges just send an E-mail to [email protected].

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Only complaint I have is the screen picks up what is on my passenger seat. It would be nice if it had some type of coating on it to keep it from picking up reflections.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The CruzeDiesel coupon code had all it's redemption's used by late yesterday, but I've increased the number of allowed redemption's this morning so it should be working again. The total should come to $119.95 + any shipping charges.

Excellent. I plan on ordering today. Thx.

Reactions: vwgtiglx

·
Registered
611 Posts
@LinearLogic I actually just order the gauge, but I completely spaced on the window mount. How do I go about adding one to my current order? I see the mounts listed on your site, but I don't see anyway to add them to the cart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@LinearLogic I actually just order the gauge, but I completely spaced on the window mount. How do I go about adding one to my current order? I see the mounts listed on your site, but I don't see anyway to add them to the cart.
No problem. I believe I know which order is yours based on the purchase time, but if you could send me a PM with your details just so I can be sure. I'll make sure we get a mount added to your order.

21 - 40 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.