Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 60 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Had a regen today. Gauge works as expected except for Distance Since Last Regen (DSR) reading. Maybe it's a gauge code problem or it may just not work at all, we'll find out.

I know diesel has monitored at least a few regens with his Insight CTS. When does it stop the regen, diesel? Mine stopped at 3 and then shortly after jumped up to 4 grams. I noticed it start shortly before pulling into a lot. I held the RPM's up at 2,000 for a little while and then finished off the rest of the regen with a quick highway drive.

Anyway, I'll edit this post shortly with a video link and some pictures of the regen occurring.

BEFORE:
Electronics Technology Electronic device Display device Auto part

NCR: Number of Completed Regens
RGN: Regen Status (0 = Not Running , 1 = Running , 2 = Finished , 3 = Inhibited)
STM: Soot Mass in Grams
DSR: Distance Since Last Regen (Not working)

DURING:

AFTER:
Technology Electronic device Auto part Measuring instrument Display device

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Had a regen today. Gauge works as expected except for Distance Since Last Regen (DSR) reading. Maybe it's a gauge code problem or it may just not work at all, we'll find out.

I know diesel has monitored at least a few regens with his Insight CTS. When does it stop the regen, diesel? Mine stopped at 3 and then shortly after jumped up to 4 grams. I noticed it start shortly before pulling into a lot. I held the RPM's up at 2,000 for a little while and then finished off the rest of the regen with a quick highway drive.
Mine starts at 19-20 and ends at 3. Sometimes it will stay at 3 for a while, other times it's back up to 12 before I know it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Received my scanguage on Friday and STM was at 20. Today as soon as it hit 22 the regen started. It went down to 3 and within 10 city miles was holding around 10.
This scanguage is very useful in monitoring. Glad I ordered one with the $50 discount. Has anyone found a good place to mount it? Mine is riding on the passenger seat at the moment.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Received my scanguage on Friday and STM was at 20. Today as soon as it hit 22 the regen started. It went down to 3 and within 10 city miles was holding around 10.
This scanguage is very useful in monitoring. Glad I ordered one with the $50 discount. Has anyone found a good place to mount it? Mine is riding on the passenger seat at the moment.
That's exactly where mine's sitting. Since I have a developer unit I'm not mounting it yet. When I get my full unit from them I'll definitely find a place to mount it. I'm thinking of using the sticky tape or some sort of method to mount it as shown in the red circle. If you sit it on the angled part it's positioned perfectly so you can see the screen (for me anyway).
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze

Anyway, great to see that it's working for you! Hope it saves you from interrupting a regen and keeps you out of the dealer for an unnecessary visit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I had one in my cruze I just set mine on top the steering column, it just sits centered below the factory DIC. Never even used velcro, cord seems to hold it in place.
I'll give that a try. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Linear Logic, do you ship it to Canada (Mississauga,Ontario) too? because I don't see it when you enter the country and postal code at the checkout, thanks.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Linear Logic, do you ship it to Canada (Mississauga,Ontario) too? because I don't see it when you enter the country and postal code at the checkout, thanks.
There's a link on the side of the page for International Orders. From there you'll be able to get it shipped to your address. It looks like it sends them a contact form by email. Make sure you specify in the Comments & Special Instruction that you're looking for the Cruze Diesel test model and that you'd like to use the CruzeDiesel coupon code (if any are still available).

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's a link on the side of the page for International Orders. From there you'll be able to get it shipped to your address. It looks like it sends them a contact form by email. Make sure you specify in the Comments & Special Instruction that you're looking for the Cruze Diesel test model and that you'd like to use the CruzeDiesel coupon code (if any are still available).
LiveTrash is correct. If you fill out the International Orders form and put that you would like the Chevy Cruze experimental firmware with the $50 discount in the comments section our orders department will know what to do. We have to use that international orders form since it's the only way we currently have to quote you an accurate shipping price to Canada. You can also call in your order (1-888-433-5664) and mention you want the Chevy Cruze firmware version, and whomever is taking your order should be aware of the $50 discount. If for any reason they don't just ask to talk to me (James).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I placed my order Sunday night, and it looks like it will be here Wednesday. Thanks for the quick shipping and discount!

James, I do have some questions/requests. Would it be possible to do an X-Gauge for rate of soot mass accumulation in mg/mile? I think it would interesting to see how different driving styles, additives, winter/summer fuels, tunes and conditions accumulate soot in real time.
Fuel pressures and injector balance rates would also be nice to have if possible.

Thanks for taking the time to develop X-Gauges for the diesel Cruze, it is appreciated.

Keith

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I'm looking at mounting mine up above the rearview mirror or up along the windshield. My only concern is trying to remove the A pillar cover to run the wire. Not thrilled messing around in that area with the air bag there. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I'm looking at mounting mine up above the rearview mirror or up along the windshield. My only concern is trying to remove the A pillar cover to run the wire. Not thrilled messing around in that area with the air bag there. Any suggestions?
Taking the cover off won't be a problem, it's running the wire correctly along there so it doesn't interfere with the airbag that may be. I posted on the page before this I think it is where I may put mine. You can also consider placing it on the steering column as some have mentioned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I placed my order Sunday night, and it looks like it will be here Wednesday. Thanks for the quick shipping and discount!

James, I do have some questions/requests. Would it be possible to do an X-Gauge for rate of soot mass accumulation in mg/mile? I think it would interesting to see how different driving styles, additives, winter/summer fuels, tunes and conditions accumulate soot in real time.
Well, unfortunately from what I've seen the ECU doesn't report the rate of soot mass accumulation, just how much has accumulated. With the available data we currently have a rough hand calculation is possible, though the resolution would be somewhat limited. The Soot Mass Level is reported in whole grams, so we couldn't get it down to mg/Mile unfortunately. Still, you could figure out roughly how many miles driven per gram of soot accumulated.

Fuel pressures and injector balance rates would also be nice to have if possible.
Currently working on Fuel Pressure. We've gotten a 'Desired Fuel Pressure' XGauge working, but I'd rather get an Actual Fuel Pressure reading. The injector balance rates appear available, so I'll work on adding those.

Routing through the A-Pillar is always tricky, and with the airbag there it may be a better idea to mount it on the steering column as LiveTrash suggests.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to develop X-Gauges for the diesel Cruze, it is appreciated.

Keith
Even if they could calculate the rate, the soot accumulation that is reported is too erratic to be meaningful. For example, I can build up 10 grams on the highway at 75 MPH in 50 miles and then the next gram on the same trip takes 300 miles. One time I ran 750 miles on the same soot count.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Well, I got it mounted up along the windshield and I like it there, now to see how well it does driving down the road. It feels pretty secure and I ran the cable along the A pillar kind of under the door seal so it isn't in the way of the air bag but doesn't effect the door seal either.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Well, I got it mounted up along the windshield and I like it there, now to see how well it does driving down the road. It feels pretty secure and I ran the cable along the A pillar kind of under the door seal so it isn't in the way of the air bag but doesn't effect the door seal either.
This is what I was considering doing, or mounting it on the dash. What do you have it stuck up there with?
As for the door seal, the cable is rather thick, but as you said, it shouldn't interfere with the seal's operation. I have my dashcam wire running under the door seal as well.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I cut up a dealership license that they put on my car when I bought it. Works great, easy to bend. Then I wedged it up between the head liner and roof and stuck it with a small piece of double sided tape to the ScangaugeII. It takes a little resistance to get it to move around and pull back out. As light as the SG is I think it will stay in place. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good! Glad it worked out with routing the cable.

Also, here's a full list of the sensors we have XGauges for. They appear to be working properly:

• DPF Regen Status (0 = Off, 1 = Active, 2 = Completed, 3 = Inhibited)
  • Distance since Last Regen (Miles)
  • Number of Completed Regens (#)
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • DPF Soot Mass (Grams)
  • Diesel Exhaust Fluid Level (%)
  • Diesel Exhaust Fluid Range (Miles) (Note: Shows 4095 until range drops below 4095 Miles)
  • Average DEF Consumption (g/mile)
  • Remaining DEF in Tank (Pounds)
  • Intake Air Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Intake Air Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Engine Oil Pressure (PSI)
  • Torque Converter Clutch Slip Speed (RPM)
  • Gear Ratio (X.XX : 1)
  • Current Gear (13 = Neutral, 14 = Reverse, 15 = Park, 1 = 1st, 2 = 2nd, etc)
  • Main Injection Timing (Degrees)
  • Fuel Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Cylinder Balancing Rates (cubic mm)

If anyone that currently has an experimental firmware ScanGauge that doesn't have some of these XGauges (some were added later than the first experimental units) just contact me at [email protected] and I can send you the XGauge info on all of them. I would post them here, but they require a yet unreleased ScanGauge firmware to work at all so for now I'll E-mail them to those who have the experimental firmware.

As of right now we have a pretty good test group going and everything appears to be working properly, so I'll likely end the 'CruzeDiesel' coupon code in the next day or so. I'll probably still leave it up so people can use it to indicate they'd like to try the experimental firmware, but the discount will likely be gone or greatly reduced, so get your orders in now while you can!

Also, anyone that currently owns a ScanGauge can send it in for a free update. Just indicate that you want the Cruze Diesel special firmware and mark it to my attention (James) and I'll get you set up with it.

41 - 60 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.