Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
61 - 80 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
James, any chance to put the abbreviation in front of those Sensors? I know a few like TFT is transmission fluid temp but a few others not sure of. Thanks.

My "diesel exhaust fluid range" is showing 4095 miles. It is interesting since my DEF tank was filled up when I purchased the car and I have since put 6k miles on it. My LVL is showing 100.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
James, any chance to put the abbreviation in front of those Sensors? I know a few like TFT is transmission fluid temp but a few others not sure of. Thanks.

My "diesel exhaust fluid range" is showing 4095 miles. It is interesting since my DEF tank was filled up when I purchased the car and I have since put 6k miles on it. My LVL is showing 100.
I'll post them here as I have them all in my email communications with James.

• RGN DPF Regen Status (0 = Off, 1 = Active, 2 = Completed, 3 = Inhibited)
  • DSR Distance since Last Regen (Miles)
  • NCR Number of Completed Regens (#)
  • EG1 Exhaust Gas Temperature 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • EG2 Exhaust Gas Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • EG3 Exhaust Gas Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • STM DPF Soot Mass (Grams)
  • LVL Diesel Exhaust Fluid Level (%)
  • RNG Diesel Exhaust Fluid Range (Miles) (Note: Shows 4095 until range drops below 4095 Miles)
  • ADC Average DEF Consumption (g/mile)
  • LBS Remaining DEF in Tank (Pounds)
  • IA2 Intake Air Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • IA3 Intake Air Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • TFT Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • PSI Engine Oil Pressure (PSI)
  • RPM Torque Converter Clutch Slip Speed (RPM)
  • GRT Gear Ratio (X.XX : 1)
  • GER Current Gear (13 = Neutral, 14 = Reverse, 15 = Park, 1 = 1st, 2 = 2nd, etc)
  • MIT Main Injection Timing (Degrees)
  • FLT Fuel Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • ​BR1 Cylinder Balancing Rates (cubic mm) (More will be added for each cylinder)
The DEF Level may work the same way as DEF Range and only start changing at a certain point, possibly when there's 4095 miles remaining. This is beyond the gauge's control as this would be the vehicle's sensor that is not reading all of what is in the tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone tell me why there are 3 exh gas temp gauges and 2 intake air gauges? They all read different when I scroll thru them. Any info on why there is more than 1 gauge for each of them? If the temps are from different locations in the system, does anyone know where guage 1 is sensing from? Guage 2 sensing from? etc.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Diesel Exhaust Fluid Range sensor seems a bit unique in the fact that the data range given to it doesn't appear to cover normal operational values. Normally parameters are given data ranges that go well beyond what's expected so that almost no matter what the reading doesn't go off scale. For example I've seen temperature sensors that have data ranges that go all the way down to absolute zero. The sensor itself would probably break before it would go off scale. However, in this case the DEF Range can easily exceed 4095 Miles, but that's the max reading it can show. I can only guess why that is as I don't know exactly how they measure the DEF level. Perhaps they only measure the DEF level at a point that's below the tanks capacity and consider anything above that just extra full.

Either way, I suspect that once the range actually drops below 4095 you'll see it start ticking down as you drive.

Can anyone tell me why there are 3 exh gas temp gauges and 2 intake air gauges? They all read different when I scroll thru them. Any info on why there is more than 1 gauge for each of them? If the temps are from different locations in the system, does anyone know where guage 1 is sensing from? Guage 2 sensing from? etc.
There are multiple Exhaust Gas Temperature readings since there are multiple points at which the exhaust gas temp is monitored. I believe EG1 is Post DOC and EG2 is post DPF, and as for EG3 I'm not sure. Usually people can infer where an EGT sensor is located based on what the temperature reads before, during, and after a regen occurs. Roughly the same explanation for the intake air temp readings. I'm not sure where they're located physically, but based on how they behave we can likely figure out where they may be.

Does this one work for you? It does not work on the CTS.
My understanding is that the NCR XGauge being tested did increment up 1 after a regen was completed, so it's looking like it works for the ScanGauge 2.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Does this one work for you? It does not work on the CTS.
Seems to be working fine. It showed 19 before I monitored my first regen with the ScanGauge II. After it completed, it jumped up to 20.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got my gauge today thanks guys for the great deal and all the hard work put in. Had to go in to the dealer two weekends ago for a manual regen. Hope to not have to do that again now that we can see the soot level and regen status. Got the continue driving warning at startup one morning and before the chance to get it in gear it immediately went to reduced power and engine light on.
Dealer said it indicate 50grams of soot.... plus a p0133 code again. 3rd time now.
Number of complete regens is 82 car has 22500 miles. Seams high to me will have to do some research on this.

Thanks Again!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I got mine yesterday and I really like it. It would be great to get like 6 gauges on one page, but I'll take this layout everyday! I am currently reading boost, coolant/water temp, soot accumulation and regen status. I had a regen today and everything displayed perfect. I'm excited to have this new toy! And going off what moes670 said, I will have had my car 2 years on Saturday. My guague is showing 109 regens. Regens are really all based off driving style. I'll post a pic as soon as I can to show how I have it set up.

Reactions: diesel

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Got my gauge today thanks guys for the great deal and all the hard work put in. Had to go in to the dealer two weekends ago for a manual regen. Hope to not have to do that again now that we can see the soot level and regen status. Got the continue driving warning at startup one morning and before the chance to get it in gear it immediately went to reduced power and engine light on.
Dealer said it indicate 50grams of soot.... plus a p0133 code again. 3rd time now.
Number of complete regens is 82 car has 22500 miles. Seams high to me will have to do some research on this.

Thanks Again!!
So long as you keep an eye on the gauge it will certainly keep you out of the dealer for anymore manual regens. 50 grams of soot definitely seems like way too much. I don't think their meter or what ever they use was very accurate. You should see regens occurring around 20 grams of soot. Don't worry about turning the vehicle off if it shows around 20 grams, just try to avoid turning it off if RGN shows a 1 status. I think it'll allow 2 or 3 interruptions before a manual regen is required.

My car has a little under half the mileage yours does and has 20 completed regens. I drive it very conservatively, so if you drive it a little harder, or do more city driving, I'd say 82 regens for your mileage seems appropriate.

·
Registered
64 Posts

As of right now we have a pretty good test group going and everything appears to be working properly, so I'll likely end the 'CruzeDiesel' coupon code in the next day or so. I'll probably still leave it up so people can use it to indicate they'd like to try the experimental firmware, but the discount will likely be gone or greatly reduced, so get your orders in now while you can!

Also, anyone that currently owns a ScanGauge can send it in for a free update. Just indicate that you want the Cruze Diesel special firmware and mark it to my attention (James) and I'll get you set up with it.
James, I just wanted to let you know that although I haven't purchased my diesel Cruze yet (I am aiming for Labor Day weekend), I just purchased my second ScanGauge II from you guys. The first one has been excellent; I am VERY excited to have the same interface on the way for my new car, but with SUPER important information like the regen cycle data. Thanks in advance!!!

Also, thank you VERY much for this list of abbreviations Mr. LiveTrash:

• RGN DPF Regen Status (0 = Off, 1 = Active, 2 = Completed, 3 = Inhibited)
  • EG1 Exhaust Gas Temperature 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • EG2 Exhaust Gas Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • EG3 Exhaust Gas Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • STM DPF Soot Mass (Grams)
  • LVL Diesel Exhaust Fluid Level (%)
  • RNG Diesel Exhaust Fluid Range (Miles) (Note: Shows 4095 until range drops below 4095 Miles)
  • ADC Average DEF Consumption (g/mile)
  • LBS Remaining DEF in Tank (Pounds)
  • IA2 Intake Air Temperature 2 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • IA3 Intake Air Temperature 3 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • TFT Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • PSI Engine Oil Pressure (PSI)
  • RPM Torque Converter Clutch Slip Speed (RPM)
  • GRT Gear Ratio (X.XX : 1)
  • GER Current Gear (13 = Neutral, 14 = Reverse, 15 = Park, 1 = 1st, 2 = 2nd, etc)
  • MIT Main Injection Timing (Degrees)
  • FLT Fuel Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • ​BR1 Cylinder Balancing Rates (cubic mm) (More will be added for each cylinder)
The DEF Level may work the same way as DEF Range and only start changing at a certain point, possibly when there's 4095 miles remaining. This is beyond the gauge's control as this would be the vehicle's sensor that is not reading all of what is in the tank

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure where they came up with that number. It was my assumption that the ecm was reporting that number to their laptop or scanner. When I peaked inside there were both sitting on the seat. They also said they did a software update maybe the reason for the laptop. Don't remember the update number will have to look tomorrow. I do remember it was dated july 6th as the release date.

Wife drives 99% of the time so cant speak too much for driving habits. 25 mile commute one way speed limit mostly 55 or higher but have to go though 4 towns at 35. Average speed for a tank is 30-35 MPH.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you LiveTrash and ScanGauge! My dealer is struggling with my car, this should help resolve my problems one way or another!

Special thanks for the discount, this device is fabulous, had it on my wife's S/C LS3 last night, very useful! I'll be buying at least 1 more soon.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Just installed mine a few minutes ago and love it. I wrapped the wire around the steering column a couple times and then tucked the gauge in there. Looks good, even if I have to lean up slightly to see it.

I don't have these on mine - do I have to set them up somehow?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took mine out and captured another regen while cruising Woodward Ave in my CTD :grin:, very insightful way to monitor the event. Will it be possible to monitor the dP sensor in the future?

Well worth the money!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just installed mine a few minutes ago and love it. I wrapped the wire around the steering column a couple times and then tucked the gauge in there. Looks good, even if I have to lean up slightly to see it.

I don't have these on mine - do I have to set them up somehow?

Some of the early units didn't have those pre-programmed in since we hadn't tested them yet. However I've sent you a PM with the XGauge data needed to add those gauges.

Took mine out and captured another regen while cruising Woodward Ave in my CTD :grin:, very insightful way to monitor the event. Will it be possible to monitor the dP sensor in the future?

Well worth the money!
Glad you're finding it useful! Differenital Pressure should be an option. I will see if I can get that figured out by next week.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I had another regen today. I got to the store when it was at 13 grams and figured I'd see how it behaves when I interrupt the regen. I turned the car off at 13 grams of soot, with RGN showing 1. I get back in the car about 15 mins later and turn the vehicle on. Still showing 13 grams of soot and RGN now showing 0. I figured maybe it may show 3 (which is inhibited), but it did not. I'm now thinking it may only show 3 when it has been fully inhibited and requires a manual regen. After pulling back onto the road and sitting in a bit of traffic, the RGN gauge changed back to 1 and the regen continued until it finished at 3 grams and the RGN gauge displayed 2 for completed.

So for those of you monitoring your first regens and unsure if you're able to safely turn the vehicle off mid-regen, it seems that it works just fine if you can't continue and must turn it off (at least once).

·
Registered
611 Posts
61 - 80 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.