Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here used the scanner that harbor freight sells? i don't have the phones that some have talked about, but i do have an android tablet and a chromebook that maybe could be used with one of those bluetooth devices. what ones are good but not real costly? i have a scan gage 2 but that for some reason never connects for scans but i do get the other data. everytime i connect it and go to the scan section it says not connected, so i just use it for the mpg and other data and just find another one for obd2 scans. and that way i can leave the scan gage 2 connected in my car all the time.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
BAFX Products OBD2 adapter Bluetooth and a WIFI if you'd like ..

You will need to purchase the Torque APP or the free 1 for your Android Tablet if you prefer .

OBD Diagnostics Interface ... $ 24.00 Amazon.com

Reactions: DMC1.4LTurbo

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Having both an a Android phone and tablet, well wife has an iphone and an ipad, anything that works on my phone, also works on my tablet, both have WiFi and bluetooth. Although I never tried Torque Pro on my tablet. Suppose I could, but it doesn't fit in my pocket.

I like that iCar bluetooth adapter with a power switch on it, can leave it plugged in all the time. Even taught my wife how to open Torque Pro, so if that darn CEL comes on, she can tell me the code. Torque Pro also explains the code, but I believe this is with the phone data. Would think you would have to be close to a Mac Donalds with free WiFi with a tablet.

Had to play with it for awhile to load in all of your specific vehicle data and pair it, but after all this is done. Just hit the power switch on the iCar and tap on the icon. Its really nice to know why that CEL comes on.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Even though I have the torque and torque pro apps I always go to my Innova OBD II scanner to get the real skinny of what's going on with my car and to erase any codes when needed.
The HF Cen-tech scanners are fine and you can get the OBD II & CAN Deluxe Scan Tool (with the 25% off coupon) for $56.25 but you can also get the Innova 3030 from Amazon for about the same price. If you just want a cheapie that will read and reset your codes just get the U480 from Amazon for $16.50 http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...8&qid=1425308329&sr=1-2&keywords=u480+scanner.
[h=1][/h]

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the HF scan guage. Not sure what the model is, but it's the cheapest one they sell. It works - just does the basic functions. I think I paid $40 for it about 5 years ago. It shows the error code and allows me to erase the code - that's about it. I haven't used it on my Cruze, however. I keep it in my Saturn where I use it quite often.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Torque Pro lets me, in very basic terms, turn off an on CEL. If it comes back on again, can learn the conditions that cause it. Several codes, don't ask me which, once set, will stay on forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts