Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan to pickup a new 1 LT very soon.

I will use this car for work where I tote lots of people around for several hours...many times with kids.Who do ALL kinds of fabric attacking crap in the car.

Has anyone opted for a fabric treatment/Scotchguard type application from the dealership...for kids, pets, adults !! etc?

Has it been worth the dough...or should I just buy a can at Wally World and do it myself?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Almost every Car I have ever bought came with Scotch Guard in the Ad-A-Tag part of the Sticker. What is crummy is they charge you $100, you get a warranty, and most times they never apply it in the first place?

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can just buy a can of ScotchGuard yourself from any autoparts store, clean your seats, then spray it on. Did it with my previous car. I think they recommend reapplying once a year to keep the protection at its best.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
On a side note, you could always do NEOPRENE seat covers for under $500 shipped. Not sure how nice you want to keep the car but they are custom and fit like a glove. Summit racing and CarID sell the ones I'm speaking of...

·
Registered
30 Posts
One of the perks of working at a ServiceMaster franchise. Free carpet and upholstery cleaning, heavily discounted scotchgard application. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up. I have the Medium Titanium cloth interior on my Silver 1LT. I love it but need to protect it in some way. I will post after I scotchguard the seats .. hopefully soon after I get my car back from the axle recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts