Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone sat in both Cruze options and had a chance to compare? I normally like cloth, but after sitting in both styles briefly it seems the leather ones may be more comfortable. I like how firm they are, with a very soft surface.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I have sat in both but I don't own a cruze yet so I don't have prolonged exposure to either. I plan on buying a 1LT with the cloth, which I personally prefer over leather. I think both the cloth and leather on the cruze are actually comfortable though and you likely can't go wrong with either.

I was pleasantly surprised just how well done, comfortable, and high quality the leather seems to be in the Cruze every time I've got to sit in one. If it wasn't for the price difference between the 1LT and the 2LT, since i want the rs package and all the other tech (mylink nav, etc.) and safety packages, i might be persuaded to go with the 2LT with leather. I love the look of the brick/bed leather combo and think the tan leather is sharp looking too!

My real beef with leather is that it reacts to the weather outside and that I don't like. I also don't like that it could possibly get tears in it and after years of use, leather starts to get ugly wrinkles and stuff in it, and doesn't look as good when it was nice, new and taut! With cloth seats, you don't have to worry about all that, lol!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have been driving my LTZ for two weeks and LOVE the leather, I now have a loaner baseline Cruze with cloth for the past week (almost) and they both are nice. I'm a fan of the heated seats so I'll stay with leather.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
They both have their pros/cons.

Cloth seats will generally be nice in hot climates where they don't heat up as easily, and don't stick to bare legs (girls in summer have found my vinyl seats a little too hot numerous times). However, cloth seats will generally look cheaper/feel cheaper to vinyl/leather for obvious reasons. As for Leather, they're easier to clean/maintain, and wont be permanently ruined without a deep steam cleaning if you spill a colored liquid on it.

EDIT: As far as comfort, the only difference between cloth and leather is texture/feel, and the fabric has NOTHING to do with comfort as that is dependent on the type of foam used in the seats. If anything, cloth will be more comfortable, since leather usually tends to be a thicker, and more stiff unless you get extremely expensive leather, which wont come on anything other than a 6 figure car. Where as cloth can give more ... give, and allow the foam to do its job.

Which by the way the foam in our Cruze's is complete crap, and thats not IMO, thats fact. We have a hard, spray mold expandable foam seats. I'm actually looking into possibly upgrading the foam, but that wont be for a year or two.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Saw the Katzkin seats today in the Cruze. Really nice. I'm going to get some.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
When I drive im usually wearing my cloths so it really doesnt make a difference. I can say that after 1 year and 100k miles the cloth seats have held up pretty well. Im considering installing aftermarket seats.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I get cloth so that I can then put sheepskin/lambswool over them - warm in winter, cool(er) in summer. Also means that when it's time to sell, it looks better.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
It's all personal opinion. I dislike leather. Cold in winter, hot in summer. Cloth is my choice.

HOWEVER...after having a friend sit in gum, then sit in my passenger seat, leather would have been a much better choice. Thinking of doing a how-to writeup on getting gum out of your cloth seats.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Haven't tried this yet, but think if I got naked, cloth would be more comfortable then leather. But since I have no current plans on driving naked, will stick with leather.

Stopping a Macs, granddaughter split milk on the leather, using their wet and dry paper towels cleaned that up in a hurry. Later use that leather dressing stuff for a nice shiny surface. With cloth, to avoid that terrible sour milk spill that will last forever. Have to remove the seat, the cover, and toss it in the washing machine. Then try your best to clean the sponge.

Talking from experience.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Take the seat out of the car, put the seat into the freezer... :)
Pretty close...it involves an upside down can of compressed air or a Co2 tank from a paintball gun. Freeze and remove big chunks. Freeze again and brush with firm bristle brush.

As far as milk in the car...no f-ing way. Kids are messy. I don't allow food or drink in the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just came from a cloth LT to a leather-bound 2LT. I wasn't a fan of the cloth seats. I thought they were too firm for my liking. The leather is much more comfortable in my opinion, and I'm guessing it's going to be easier to clean. I have heated seats in the winter so I'm not too worried about the cold now (remote start helps too!). Summer is going to be a pain, especially with black paint and black leather. Again, hopefully the remote start with my A/C running will help in mitigating some of the summer heat....

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
After having black leather, I got tired of it being cold/hot all the time and starting to get worn after lots of driving. No thanks.

I hate tan interiors with a passion.

The Cruzes cloth seats have been ridiculously comfortable on long trips, more so than any other car with cloth seats I've ever had. I've gotten out of it after 5 hours and my butt still doesn't hurt. That's a lot more than I can say for a Camry or Highlander after the same trip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
115 Posts
Like the feel of the leather vs the cloth. Had cloth in my first 6 cars, heated leather in my last 3. Won't go back. Just my preference, but the cloth seemed comfortable when I test drove.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Pretty close...it involves an upside down can of compressed air or a Co2 tank from a paintball gun. Freeze and remove big chunks. Freeze again and brush with firm bristle brush.

As far as milk in the car...no f-ing way. Kids are messy. I don't allow food or drink in the car.
Lol, still put my grandkids ahead of my car. But as I said, clean up was easy with leather. Also threw in electrically heated seats in with the deal. Thought those were for whimps, but sure nice on a sore back on a long trip.

Then I noticed my granddaughter got mud on the rear of the front seat. One quick wipe with a damp clothe, looked like new again. Try that with clothe.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with XtremeRev but I think the support is a bit of a problem. I wish there was more lumbar support.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have found on occasion my cloth seats feel like they get way too hot. Most of the time i dont notice it but when i do i end up driving like a granny hugging the steering wheel. Maybe i just have a back that runs a little hot IDK

1 - 20 of 26 Posts