Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
So basically some Cruze have a screw loose. :)

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
How do they know at Lordstown over a period of 8 months 15 Units have loose bolts? If quality control was that precise G.M. could be putting out the top most well built Cars & Trucks in the World

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
GM is recalling just "15" 2015 Cruze's with a loose seat belt screw? Time to panick.

Which screw is it? Top or bottom, front or rear? And how loose is it? A couple of foot-pounds of torque?

Ha, with some of these dealers, get you back there if check someone minor in your vehicle, because this gives them the opportunity to attempt to try to sell you a new vehicle. Talking about a long time experience.

On many vehicles, the lower seat belt screws go through the bottom of the floor pan with exposed threads to road salt, a b!tch to remove. Lower front seat belts screw to the top sliding rail of the seat, so suspected loose screw will be the ones that hold the rear of the lower rail to the floor pan, also a b!tch to remove.

Don't ask me about the rear, will break 40 bucks worth of plastic pockets if I try to remove the rear lower seat cushion.

Key reason for installing air bags is to protect drivers who refused to wear their safety belts, but it took awhile to come to their dense brains, that these air bags were killing just as man kids as saving the life of these stubborn adults. So passed a law where all kids have to sit in the rear seat instead. Gather we have guys in congress that don't like wearing their safety belts.

So people with more than two kids have to buy gas guzzling vehicles. No tax deduction for this. Wisconsin until more recently never had a law where you have to wear your safety belts. But the feds told them if they don't pass a law with a 200 buck fine, they won't give us our federal gas tax money back, so that law had to be passed.

So now we have to worry about 15 Cruze's with perhaps a loose screw someplace. Can tell you where there is a lot of loose screws, in our government. We indubitably need a major recall there.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't mean to start any rants, and most 15's I would guess, are still under the "free" maintenance period, so it should be fixed when you go in for that. I just posted it for informational purposes.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
I didn't mean to start any rants, and most 15's I would guess, are still under the "free" maintenance period, so it should be fixed when you go in for that. I just posted it for informational purposes.
This was well worth posting - it is a NHTSA recall. Also, as a recall those few cars with this issue can get it fixed on GM's dime for the life of the car so there's no warranty period.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How do they know at Lordstown over a period of 8 months 15 Units have loose bolts? If quality control was that precise G.M. could be putting out the top most well built Cars & Trucks in the World
Many plants use smart tools for critical assembly that have built in torque controllers and automatically log the torque data when used.
So maybe some logs showed a few were set to the wrong spec or something?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
So maybe some logs showed a few were set to the wrong spec or something?
Notice that curve at the 1:37 mark? I'm thinking the curve showed something wrong - like the screw got bound up rather than truly tightened. Or not enough turns for a normal tightening. Or perhaps it stopped because the worker took their finger off the trigger and it never reached "stop" torque but no one noticed the error at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts