Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys does anyone know if the turbo from the new 1.4 is bigger then the 1st gen Cruze? And is it the same bolt pattern as the old engine?

·
10,712 Posts
Hey guys does anyone know if the turbo from the new 1.4 is bigger then the 1st gen Cruze? And is it the same bolt pattern as the old engine?
All new design all around, you would be better off grabbing the BNR turbo unless this is you asking if the BNR turbo would bolt up to a 2nd gen?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,203 Posts
Totally different turbo; totally different exhaust manifold design (exhaust manifold is integrated into the head like the 3.6 V6 engines).

I'd reckon the new turbo is slightly larger, but not by much. This one is from Mitsubishi instead of Honeywell/Garrett like the Gen1.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The old Cruze was a Holden from Australia what's this car from? I drive a few I didn't like them much and they felt very Japanese

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,203 Posts
The old Cruze was a Holden from Australia what's this car from? I drive a few I didn't like them much and they felt very Japanese
The old one was a Korean Daewoo. New ones a GM platform used to underpin several new models, but was first introduced for the Cruze for the Chinese market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts