Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can hardly believe that I have not had a long-ish road trip since January. But anyway, on Victoria Day, we did a 668 km round trip from Calgary, Alberta, to Edmonton, to see the Fort Edmonton historic park. (Well worth visiting if you are in the area.)

The car carried two adults and two 17 year olds; no luggage. Tailwind on the way there; headwind on the way back. Most of it was highway and expressway driving.

Round-trip fuel efficiency: 5.6 litres/100 km (50.4 miles/Imperial gallon, 42.0 miles/US gallon). We got 4.0 litres/100 km (60 Imperial MPG) with the tailwind. Not too shabby.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
That is excellent, I four weeks ago did a round trip from Sydney to Melbourne, spent a week in Victoria and then back to Sydney again, and averaged 6.1 litres/100 over 2,500km. I had my wife and a weeks worth of luggage and you know what that means for a woman.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your fuel economy figures are impressive too. What's the terrain like on the Sydney-Melbourne run? Flat, or not so flat? (I’ve been to Australia twice, but only spent time in the Gold Coast area; business trips both times.)

Where I live, it is pretty flat to the north, east, and south. Calgary to Edmonton is a pretty flat north/south run. To the west are the Rocky Mountains, which are not especially planar. :)

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
About 30% of the trip was flat the rest was hilly. Temperature was between 15C and 7C as we drove at night. We had two lanes and no traffic lights for 900km as it was all highway and the towns on the way were bypassed. On the way home I did 923km on one tank and the DIC showed 100km till empty. It took 54.9 litres to fill up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts