Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I was within 2 miles of a different Chevrolet dealer today, I stopped to look at the Cruze sedans and see if I could settle for one. Due to an anticipated $500.00 repair on my current ride, I can't wait until August but March might be alright.

Anyhow a nice agreeable young kid showed me a Cruze LT sedan in Cajun Red today. I found out how to sink Apple Play, looked in the trunk and sat in the back seat. Head space is tight than I would like in the back but it's passible. I suggested that he see if he could build one online and give me an approximate price. Then the next in seniority of salesmen shouldered the poor kid aside. He tried to sale me a diesel Colorado, he mentioned that the Equinox was coming out in diesel and wouldn't I rather have that. He said that Chevrolet was NOT making the Cruze in manual transmission version no matter what this site said. By the time I left I was ready to stomp a mud puddle in him as they say locally. Guess who won't get my money?

·
2,254 Posts
Then the next in seniority of salesmen shouldered the poor kid aside.
Regardless of seniority, if this would happen at the dealer I work for, ohhhhhh man. I wouldn't want to be the guy who pushed the kid aside.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Shame the dealership - who are they and where are they.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
They are at Preston Hood Chevrolet, mile marker 44 on I 10.
I'd tell the more "senior" salesperson to step aside, that I'd rather work with the other guy. Would not be the first time I did that.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
That sort of reaction is beyond rude and should be called out. When I test drove a gen 2 premier cruze recently, I went to welcome desk, shared what I wanted to do, test drive a cruze, said I used to work with a salesman now a new car manager, he came out and greeted me, then did a personal introduction with a newer sales woman, she did a great job. I thought that was done near perfect.

In contrast to my recall done on my CTD, they took me back home in courtesy vehicle, the dude asks me where I live? I shared with him where, then he goes on to say, oh up there with the rich people, I wanted to call him out for being rude and just shrugged it off. I like my dealer and they sell 500 cars a month, but what I have learned is there are good people in most places and sometimes folks that are not so good all in the same place many times. :banghead:

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
...the dude asks me where I live? I shared with him where, then he goes on to say, oh up there with the rich people, I wanted to call him out for being rude and just shrugged it off.
I'd be flattered. But then again, I live in the poor part of town.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I'd be flattered. But then again, I live in the poor part of town.
There are some very nice homes near me, I live in a solid middle class home from my perspective. I guess if one lived under a bridge they would think we are both rich. Sometimes people just say the stupidest things. Plus he had the heat on blowing in my face, almost switched it to the floor but I didn't want to be a douce bag..

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I shared with him where, then he goes on to say, oh up there with the rich people,
I've been surprised more than once by the perspective people can have on things like that. Unfortunately, he apparently didn't have the couth to keep his thought to himself. Someone with that mindset will probably never be able to raise themselves up to the level that he apparently resents. It's a shame, really.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately I went and test drove a Mazda 3 hatchback yesterday. It may be a gas burning but it is a hatchback with good power, good steering, good fuel economy(35.6 mpg according to fully.com and 35.3 according to my former boss) and it's available now. It sucks that they don't offer Apple Play and insist on their own nav system but it is supposed to be a good one. The Cruze sedan will be the only diesel when I need to trade. It's passenger room is lacking and supposedly the steering is nothing special. If GM was trying to take VW's diesel business why didn't they lead off with the hatch back which is the direct competitor to the Golf and Golf wagon?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Unfortunately I went and test drove a Mazda 3 hatchback yesterday. It may be a gas burning but it is a hatchback with good power, good steering, good fuel economy(35.6 mpg according to fully.com and 35.3 according to my former boss) and it's available now. It sucks that they don't offer Apple Play and insist on their own nav system but it is supposed to be a good one. The Cruze sedan will be the only diesel when I need to trade. It's passenger room is lacking and supposedly the steering is nothing special. If GM was trying to take VW's diesel business why didn't they lead off with the hatch back which is the direct competitor to the Golf and Golf wagon?
When I test drove the Gen 2 Cruze, i thought the steering was better than the gen 1, and I never thought the steering feel was bad in my gen 1 diesel. That being said, the Mazda3 does seem to be a favorite of the car magazines in this class. I test drove a Mazdaspeed 3 a while back and didn't like it at all, even though it was fast.

I am hoping in a few short weeks I get to test drive a gen 2 diesel Cruze.

Reactions: Dieselturbo

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,202 Posts
When I test drove the Gen 2 Cruze, i thought the steering was better than the gen 1, and I never thought the steering feel was bad in my gen 1 diesel. That being said, the Mazda3 does seem to be a favorite of the car magazines in this class. I test drove a Mazdaspeed 3 a while back and didn't like it at all, even though it was fast.

I am hoping in a few short weeks I get to test drive a gen 2 diesel Cruze.
It's well weighted but it is totally and completely devoid of any road feedback whatsoever. You can hit a giant dip in the road at an angle and feel nothing through the steering wheel.

Ah well. It's less touchy on the highway than my 2012, and responds very quickly to inputs thanks to the quicker steering ratio.

The most recent Mazda3 is a nice car. Cramped rear seat, lots of road noise, great handling, and the SkyActiv engines are ridiculously good on fuel. Nice interior, but I hate the iPad stuck on the dash look Mazda and the Germans have.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mazda will add a 2.2L Diesel for 2018 but only for CX5, 173HP. Not a fan of CUV's and I totally hate the I pad in the dash as well.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Mazda will add a 2.2L Diesel for 2018 but only for CX5, 173HP. Not a fan of CUV's and I totally hate the I pad in the dash as well.
They've been saying that they will bring a diesel since 2012. I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I don't think of Mazda as serious about bringing diesels at all in us. With where I live their dealer network just isn't very convenient and I have driven them and they are fine but I like having a dealer closer

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,202 Posts
I don't think of Mazda as serious about bringing diesels at all in us. With where I live their dealer network just isn't very convenient and I have driven them and they are fine but I like having a dealer closer
They've always been mostly a niche brand in the US. I think to date the Mazda3, probably CX5, and the 626 were their biggest sellers, and that's only a very small fraction of their respective markets compared to the Toyota/Honda offers.

Honestly they have some great engineers working for them, and I would really like to see the diesel CX5 and upcoming Equinox be a success. I'd love to see the gasoline 2.5 turbo stuck in the CX5 as well. I really like the CX5, but I wish it had Escape 2.0 levels of power in it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts