Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the weathertech liner in my trunk and a beefy 50 lbs. subwoofer box. The box slides around too easily and smacked my amp when I had to slam on my brakes the other day. I need a good way to permanently secure it. Any ideas?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
If you would prefer you might try Double sided 3M tape to the bottom of the enclosure and your prefered position for the enclosure upon the weather tech liner .

Consider doing the same at the front edges of the liner to the trunk floor .

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not trying to jack the op's thread but I'm planning an upgrade to the audio in my Cruze. I'm going to add sound deadener to the entire trunk and before I lay it down I'm thinking of putting a sheet of plywood/MDF under the deadener and then screwing my sub box to that sheet. The deadener would secure the plywood/MDF and with the box screwed to it should make it stay put. The only downside would be I would have to remove my subs from the box first if I ever want to remove the box. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a P1-1X12 that's secured with a couple 2" strips of velcro. I bought brackets thinking it would need to be more securely held, but it hasn't moved in a couple months, and I don't drive easy. The only thing that moves (well, flexes) is the thin trunk liner it's sitting on. For my application, deadening the rear deck and trunk lid with 50 mil was more than enough, but I'm still thinking of throwing some thicker deadener under that part of the trunk, or least some sort of padding to firm it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts