Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
The problem with this system is a flat screen does not give you depth perception, so you really still can't tell if there is enough room to pass without actually moving around the truck as normal. I can also see where this could create an optical illusion type situation and people just slam into the back of the truck.

·
Administrator
25,096 Posts
I like this. I agree you still have to double check but if you see a car in the truck's video displays you know to either not pull out or be very careful.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
I have to agree that with the safety factor applied . just sit back slow down and pop some corn and enjoy the view ..
Especially if your on the worst 2 lane byway in the world ..
Can any some one tell me where that is ?

California !

Hey Spacedout You have a 3 holer now ? ! ? !

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem with this system is a flat screen does not give you depth perception, so you really still can't tell if there is enough room to pass without actually moving around the truck as normal.
You may need to double-check, but at least you can swing out to look without risking a head-on.

IIRC, binocular vision isn't functional to see "depth" at those kinds of distances - it's based of visual clues. You still have those with the screens.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
You can gauge distance by the dotted lines, I think its really cool but it will never go into production because who is gonna pay for it and the back of trailers are always super dirty

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Decent idea. Wonder how long before some drunk or octogenarian tries to drive through the truck?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Country name given was Argentina, could also be Italy, Colombia, Venezuela or any other Latin American country. By the way, they don't like us calling ourselves Americans.

Lots of single lane roads carved on the side of a mountain, but not the only problem, watch out for Bandits. Have yet to see a brand new Samsung truck, how about a 1938 Dodge truck?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts