Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone! I figured I sign up for what it's worth..I've been reading plenty of very helpful posts and comments to figure out the car my wife bought herself, and then she decided 2 weeks later she doesn't want to drive it. So I got stuck with it, for at least 2-3 years.
It's a 2012 Chevy Cruze with ...wait for it....100,000 miles on it. Manual trans.
Not sure how the previous owner was able to put so many miles in it, because as far as I know, he or she only drove it for less than 3 years, because the car has been sitting at the dealership since June 2015.
1k miles or not, I got a really good deal, because the dealer wanted the car off the lot and he offered a price we just couldn't refuse. The car is in good shape, actually it still has that new car smell and despite the high mileage, it looks pristine, save a few scratches on the rear bumper and a few stains on the carpet.
It escapes my mind..how he/she was able to put so many miles into it, unless this person was driving back and forth between East-West coast constantly. I'm too old for most of the folks probably (40), but I do personalize my car and and I don't mind sacrificing convenience and comfort for performance (if the vehicle doesn't have any). I do have another 2 cars (Subaru Legacy, Audi A6), but currently I'll be driving the Cruze for a while.
See you around the forums, I will be asking questions and possibly answering too, I'm already pretty good with the Subaru engine (as a home technician) while I really don't like fixing anything on the A6, it's not really designed for humans to do any work on it, perhaps the Germans are from another planet with different physical attributes, I can't tell for sure anymore.
Anyway, I have already did some mods to the car, that I was gonna do anyway (delete the intake plumbing in the bumper, change the brake fluid etc) .

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. If you're on a desktop browser you'll see badges. We have a couple dozen members with 100,000 mile and higher badges, so it's relatively easy to rack up the miles quickly.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Good choice and welcome. That new car smell couldn't be the factory new car smell from 2011/12, they have the lot person clean and make the car smell good periodically, and they use canned new car smell!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts