Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the last couple of fill ups, the pump clicks and when I get in the car, it is not completely on full, a smidgen below. Kinda like it reached into that extra 3 gals that is not used and then is only filling up to the 12.6 gals and is displaying not full. I thought I read there was a TSB about the fuel gauge? Is there? Or is it just how my car is sitting the gas station ? I filled up at a" "more level " station and it seemed to get "fuller"

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Use the slowest fill the pump will do for the first part. Then trickle the remainder in. My ECO MT never showed full at first or second click off until I filled it all the to the nozzle one time. Since then it shows "full" after the first or second click off.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
And I only put twenty bucks in at these gas prices . A fill up is an additional weight for me . Too much stop and go traffic , and construction zones to contend with . The job is only 7 miles one way and on a good day that is 30 minutes . And you thought you had it bad . Shoot I still drive south 70 miles to my brothers then I fill up .

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
newsguy99 - are those highway or city miles? If they're highway, slow down a little to bring your overall fuel economy up.

·
10,712 Posts
Yeah I wanted to do the fuel sender mod for increased turnpike range but I like the price of a 12.5 gal tank fill up in day to day situations. Come down to 56 mph and see what your mpg is like unless you are stuck in DMV like traffic. You can idle for like 10 mins before easing up 1/4 a car length on a sunny day so help you God if it snowed and plows are stuck in traffic with you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
412 Posts
newsguy99 - are those highway or city miles? If they're highway, slow down a little to bring your overall fuel economy up.
its a mix... most of the time, somewhere around 70/30 city/hwy.

I also think that my .030 plugs are causing lower mpg, and tire pressure... Cold tires are reading 35.. and after running around a bit, they get to 39 psi.. Might bump them to 38 cold.
And hope that helps with fuel..

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
its a mix... most of the time, somewhere around 70/30 city/hwy.

I also think that my .030 plugs are causing lower mpg, and tire pressure... Cold tires are reading 35.. and after running around a bit, they get to 39 psi.. Might bump them to 38 cold.
And hope that helps with fuel..
Your gaps are fine. Bump your cold tire PSI as close to 51 as you can tolerate. I discovered that there was a roughly 2 MPG difference between 40 and 45 PSI cold. The higher tire pressure will help even more in the city since rolling resistance is the largest factor in the friction equation at city speeds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.