Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple questions. With trifecta select-a-tune, the trigger is moving the stick from D to M mode. Does this mean that for the tune to work the manual shift function is disabled, or do you have to manually shift with the tune in place?

What if i want to use the tune but not manually shift?

What if i dont want to use the tune but want to manually shift?

·
Registered
337 Posts
one of the trifecta guys will probably reply, but as far as i know.

What if i want to use the tune but not manually shift? it will shift up and down for you now.

What if i dont want to use the tune but want to manually shift? It will be auto now but you can still force up/down shifts if you want.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if heard that it works both way that it MUST be manually shifted, and that it will shift like auto...would like to know before i decide what to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have a 2013? If so, the select a tune is controlled by the cruise control switch.

Cruise on = stock tune
Cruise off = performance mode

You can use performance mode in either Drive or manual shift mode.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
On my 12 if you put it in M and do not touch the shift lever the ECM or TCM (not sure witch one) will shift for you and will just have a M on the DIC instead of D, but if you push the shifter up or down and on the DIC says M1 or whatever you have to shift.. If the DIC says D you are in the Eco mode if it says M you are in performance mode, what you do to the shift lever after its put into manual mode decides if you have to shift it or not..

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I don't like to shift gears so when I want performance mode I move the shift lever into M mode (M on the dash) and have the performance along with the automatic shifting..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
yes that is the way it works.I prefer straight up tuned at all time myself.Under normal driveing there really is not a extra load on the engine anyway.Other than running more spark advance.But i can see a selection option as being a good thing.Ive always thought if you needed to run a cross country trip you could go back to stock programing and run 87 octane anyway to make things easy and cheap on the way

·
Registered
647 Posts
yes that is how it works. tuned for 20,000 miles. with the auto i think you get the best of both worlds. when you start the car and you are in drive...that is eco. In most case's there are some shift enhancements and a boost limit of 14 psi. duh ECO mode. Sport mode is when you shift over to "m" the car will shift like when in drive when tuned but with the sport tuned maps...strong trans shift, timing, more fuel and BOOST up to 22psi in most cases. If you want to shift it your shelf...just bump it it when in sport mode and you will now be in 1st gear and when you step on it you will have to bump it again to shift to second and so on. if at anytime you want the tcm to shift for you just push back over to "drive" and right back to sport and it will shift by it self again. the auto can handle more power than the 6mt trans can with stock clutch. I am at 192whp and 237wtq on a 6at with water/meth injection. in the 6mt you need to upgrade the clutch to handle the "red pill" e85 tune and even with that there are many guys finding that the 6mt has some very poor parts inside. GM don't rebuild the 6mt...they replace it. i do 3 or 4 of them a week...i get get them out and back in under 3 hours now.

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just adding meth to a tune would get you another 20 or 25 HP and 20 to 25 TQ.You can run a fair amount more timeing and hold more boost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts