Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Β·
Registered
2014 chevy cruze Lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't buy a cruze go to a Toyota , hyundai ,Toyota . I'm a mechanic and own a cruze. Sorry guys I will tell it like it is.
I just bought my 1st and def last 14 cruze lt in Feb 2020. I've replaced water pump, turbo,some part under the water pump, thermostat housing ,a part over to the left in front coming from over full tank. Wtf I'm still having issues with my coolant the **** just disappears poof gone where's it going. There's no leaks trust me I know. I've went as far as leaving cardboard under my car just in case it was leaking. It all started with a warning air conditioner fan turned off due to engine running hot.. I've put so much money into this car and it just won't stop. So important question honest opinions or answers please:giggle::giggle:should I just sell the **** thing and buy another car or keep telling myself you put so much into it what else could go wrong if find 1 thing or another every month. I can't take it anymore I'm disabled on a fixed income and I don't really know what the best thing to do is. I also put 4 brand new good years in her ,.. Because the previous owner ruined the ones on it by not rotating then correctly. The car gas 90 + thousand on it. Please help me figure out what to do. Our local chevy dealer told me back in March why what I'd all ready or in it I shouldn't sell it why because what else could go wrong you've fixed just about everything.!!! ☹ This is november I'm still a fixing and fixing.3rd gallon of anti freeze in 3 months. Not counting what was needed even I replaced the water pump. I need a break..tyπŸ˜’πŸ˜―πŸ‘πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸŒ‘πŸŒ‘πŸ’―πŸ’―

Β·
Registered
2014 chevy cruze Lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't buy a cruze go to a Toyota , hyundai ,Toyota . I'm a mechanic and own a cruze. Sorry guys I will tell it like it is.
I just bought my 1st and def last 14 cruze lt in Feb 2020. I've replaced water pump, turbo,some part under the water pump, thermostat housing ,a part over to the left in front coming from over full tank. Wtf I'm still having issues with my coolant the **** just disappears poof gone where's it going. There's no leaks trust me I know. I've went as far as leaving cardboard under my car just in case it was leaking. It all started with a warning air conditioner fan turned off due to engine running hot.. I've put so much money into this car and it just won't stop. So important question honest opinions or answers please:giggle::giggle:should I just sell the **** thing and buy another car or keep telling myself you put so much into it what else could go wrong if find 1 thing or another every month. I can't take it anymore I'm disabled on a fixed income and I don't really know what the best thing to do is. I also put 4 brand new good years in her ,.. Because the previous owner ruined the ones on it by not rotating then correctly. The car gas 90 + thousand on it. Please help me figure out what to do. Our local chevy dealer told me back in March why what I'd all ready or in it I shouldn't sell it why because what else could go wrong you've fixed just about everything.!!! ☹ This is november I'm still a fixing and fixing.3rd gallon of anti freeze in 3 months. Not counting what was needed even I replaced the water pump. I need a break..tyπŸ˜’πŸ˜―πŸ‘πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸŒ‘πŸŒ‘πŸ’―πŸ’―

Β·
Registered
2014 chevy cruze Lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol water outlet? radiator? exhaust/crankcase 🀣🀣 oil cooler
Lmao of course I knew somebody would add to my list of daily cruz nightmare. πŸ’― πŸ‘ πŸ‹ πŸ‹ πŸ‹ :poop::poop::poop:πŸ‘€
lol water outlet? radiator? exhaust/crankcase 🀣🀣 oil cooler
Hey you interested in buying it LMAO πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺ

Β·
Registered
168 Posts
Probably shouldve taken it to a better shop that would've properly diagnosed the actual problem and repaired it instead of just throwing parts at the car hoping to fix it.

Reactions: JLL

Β·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
506 Posts
Probably shouldve taken it to a better shop that would've properly diagnosed the actual problem and repaired it instead of just throwing parts at the car hoping to fix it.
Definitely this!

Why is it that people are upset when they buy a 6 year old car without having it properly inspected before buying it; and then discover they wouldn't have bought the car in the first place if they only would have done their homework ahead of time?

Sorry about your luck OP. Live and learn for next time.

Β·
Premium Member
5,449 Posts
It is very possible if your 14 CRUZE qualified for the water pump special replacement coverage, GM will refund your money. See the TSB and directions for submitting a reimbursement claim

Β·
Registered
2014 chevy cruze Lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your correct I can't argue that point at all.it still sucks looks can be deceiving.i myself did check the car over very well. Everything looked good. Failed I didn't do cruze research before hand.trust me it bit me in the butt ten fold.no matter my decision I'll still eat a big loss. πŸ’© πŸ‘πŸ˜―πŸ‹πŸ’―
It is very possible if your 14 CRUZE qualified for the water pump special replacement coverage, GM will refund your money. See the TSB and directions for submitting a reimbursement claim
How or where do I find that

Β·
Premium Member
5,449 Posts

CUSTOMER REIMBURSEMENT - For US Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer by October 31, 2015, unless otherwise specified by state law. If this is not convenient for the customer, they may mail the completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form and all required documents to the GM Customer Assistance Center. Repairs must have occurred within 10 years of the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Page 5 January 2015 Bulletin No.: 14371B All reasonable and customary costs to correct the condition described in this bulletin should be considered for reimbursement. Any questions or concerns should be reviewed with your GM representative prior to processing the request.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts