Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will be out of warranty next month, it is 2014 ls 1.8 with only 30k miles.
Just want to get your opinions, would it make sense to keep maintaining the car with out of pocket money? I had 3 things broken before and were covered by warranty (water pump, tcm, reseal gasket pan), i’m not sure if other things could happen especially water pump in this car is so bad and didn’t last more than 20k

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
Waterpump should continue to be covered for 10 years or 150,000 miles under GM special coverage. I too have a 2014 with 24K miles & the GMPP warranty. I'm fully covered until 2/2021 and in someways its like still driving a brand new CRUZE!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car will be out of warranty next month, it is 2014 ls 1.8 with only 30k miles.
Just want to get your opinions, would it make sense to keep maintaining the car with out of pocket money? I had 3 things broken before and were covered by warranty (water pump, tcm, reseal gasket pan), i’m not sure if other things could happen especially water pump in this car is so bad and didn’t last more than 20k

SAVE YOURSELF! Get rid of this car ASAP. I’ve had nothing but constant problems for it only being 5 years old. Replaced the turbo, on my THIRD valve cover, issues with the radio shutting itself on and off, gas tank issues. I would never get this car again even if someone gave it to me for free

·
Registered
15 Posts
As we continue to have problems with ths disposable car report to NHTSA. At some point these cars need a buy back. I'm torn. And saf to know 100k is more than likely not possible. This is one of those cars that you just. Need to buy replacement parts that have life time warranty and do the work your self.

·
Registered
53 Posts
SAVE YOURSELF! Get rid of this car ASAP. I’ve had nothing but constant problems for it only being 5 years old. Replaced the turbo, on my THIRD valve cover, issues with the radio shutting itself on and off, gas tank issues. I would never get this car again even if someone gave it to me for free
He has the 1.8. No turbo. They are much more reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,965 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

I would peruse the forum and look for the common problems and see if you are capable of fixing them yourself. Most are easy repairs and usually fairly cheap. I would keep it.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Super Moderator
6,965 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

It is too bad you did not come here first. You could have saved yourself some money and aggravation. Start your own thread and ask about issues you are having with your Cruze.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, I’m hesitant because of the problems I mentioned above , I don’t believe I could have changed transmission control module or the water pump myself!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Buy an after market warranty. They run between $2000 - 3000. I got one for my 2014 Diesel with 50,000 miles for $2350. It is good for 5 years or 60,000 like the original. With lower miles yours should be cheaper. Price around online and ask your dealer; ask how long it will last, total number of miles and years; what the deductible is; if the deductible is one time or you pay it each time you get something fixed; do they pay for a rental while the car is in the garage; do they pay to tow and if so, how far; if it is a large repair, how many days does it take their inspector to get there; If they won't pay for the entire bill is it negotiable. My water pump went out and the Chevy dealer recommended replacing the belts and pulleys since they got contaminated by the cooling fluid. The insurance said no and wouldn't negotiate. I paid for the extras out of my pocket. The one through the dealer was more expensive but would have covered all of it.

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
2013 Cruze owner here to tell you that I drove out of warranty the second year. I spend less than $1000 every year in maintenance including oil changes and tires, and my car is still strong with 230,000 miles on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts