Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Where do you live

• i live in cold weather and experienced no issues with sensors or def tank

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • i live in cold weather and have experienced at least issues with a sensor or def tank

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • i live in warm weather and have experienced no issues with sensors or def tank

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • i live in warm weather and have experienced issues with sensors of def tank

Votes: 2 5.7%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All of the people posting issues with your sensors and def tank repairs, i think i am seeing a trend. Please answer in this poll if where you live is in areas where the temperature gets below freezing regularly. From what i have noticed most people that had these issues came from colder climates. While I know it is too early to tell i have not experienced any CEL's (except for a tire pressure guage going out and back in) and i am in a warm climate (south florida).

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
No issues here at 14 mos and almost 19,000 miles. Regularly gets below -20F in the winter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Northern New Mexico mountains [elevation 6,700 feet] 14 degrees at 6am yesterday morning. Typical temp. for the rest of the winter. Many days that daytime temps don't exceed 32 degrees. No issues in 11,000 miles and 9 months.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Live at 5800', work in the Rocky Mountains at 8700'. Routinely below zero. Seen as low as -25F. The car does park in an unheated attached garage when at home, which is typically above freezing. I have been monitoring the DEF temp. I'm assuming the tank is insulated, as it seems to take a long time for the temp of the DEF to drop when parked outside - but it hasn't been real cold yet.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Mine sits out most of the time and has been through two northeast winters, with lows down to -9F. No DEF issues and one sensor in 143K miles. I always use the Blue Def in the 2 1/2 gallon jugs. (After the 4 free dealer top-ups)

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
fort Myers Florida here. 5,000 miles not a single CEL or issue

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really botched this poll. I should have had 4 options,

1) i live in cold weather and experienced no issues with sensors or def tank
2) i live in cold weather and have experienced at least issues with a sensor or def tank
3) i live in warm weather and have experienced no issues with sensors or def tank
4) i live in warm weather and have experienced issues with sensors of def tank

Moderators is it possible to fix this?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

2) i live in cold weather and have experienced at least issues with a sensor or def tank
3) i live in warm weather and have experienced no issues with sensors or def tank

I could not find a way to edit the poll itself, only the first post. Might have to start a new poll then close this one.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

I think I fixed it. Can everybody try to vote again?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
It won't let you vote again if you voted previously.:sad010:
Was worth a shot. I guess that's a "behind the scenes" thing. There was a "reset all fields" button, but apparently it didn't do anything.

·
Registered
194 Posts
None here in TX, doesn't get that cold going into the 2nd winter with 40000 miles. Been getting DEF at the truck stop for a while, I think the dealer was adding enough to keep the count down off but not filling the tank so I've probably added more than the dealer at this point. Besides being cheaper my hope is that the DEF is fresh because of the volume they go through.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
We had to replace a gas temperature sensor in our diesel the car only had like 6k miles on it when that happened, we've had no DEF issues tho. We just recently took a 2k mile road trip and are around 9k miles now with no issues after that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts