Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevrolet sold 479 Cruze Diesels last month for a year to date total of 1,444.

Of 22 diesel 'cars' on the market, the Cruze Diesel has now moved up to fifth place behind the Golf.

September 2013 Dashboard - HybridCars.com

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like the fact that the Cruze Diesel is selling well. I think GM really hit a home run with it (unlike the Indians vs the Rays the other night). Another thing that I like is that auto sales in general is up from 2012. This is a small indication that the economy is on an upswing.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Not being in full production yet and the highest priced Cruze I would call those numbers excellent!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I think it's a good sign. Several of the dealers around me have yet to see a diesel on their lots yet so availability is still limited.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the Equinox comes out in diesel I would have quite the issue. I was looking at purchasing an Equinox until the Cruze came out in diesel......maybe...I could have both.....
I think a lot of people were in the same situation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was looking at a wagon for my next car, but if there were an Equinox or Captiva diesel I'd buy it. If Chevy went the Captiva route their only diesel competitor would be the Mercedes GLK250. It would be hard to not show the value there. Many more people could afford the Captiva.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was looking at a wagon for my next car, but if there were an Equinox or Captiva diesel I'd buy it. If Chevy went the Captiva route their only diesel competitor would be the Mercedes GLK250. It would be hard to not show the value there. Many more people could afford the Captiva.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Are they going to launch the Captiva as a regular consumer vehical? As far as I knew it was Fleet only......

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought mine the first day they became available in Utah. My dealer remembered my interest in the Diesel version back in 2011 (when he sold me a Cruze ECO) and called to tell me that the Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel would go on sale the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and that he had been allotted two of them. I knew when I test drove the little torque monster that it had to be mine. I signed on the dotted line right after returning to the dealership and I have not for one moment regretted that decision.

Two weeks ago I took it from Salt Lake City to West Wendover, Nevada (129 miles one way) and had 20 mph wind on the nose going West and because of a frontal passage, and at times mixed rain and snow showers and 35 - 40 mph wind on the nose. I set the cruise to the new speed limit on that stretch of road, 80 mph, and still got 42 mpg out of it. Dropping from 80 mph to 65 mph temporarily showed more typical mileage. The Cruze CTD may be aerodynamic, but the 80 mph forward speed + 40 mph into the wind really cut fuel economy. Still, with the drag of an effective 120 mph speed, 42 mpg is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I would totally buy a Captiva or Equinox diesel!

·
Registered
87 Posts
If a diesel small SUV was an option I think I would have gone that way too. I was replacing a car that got 23.5 MPG averaged over about a year and needed more but any SUV wasn't much better. I'm sure a TD version would be at least high 30s. Keep them coming to the US GM!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts