Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back, the car threw a sudden "Service Emissions System" screen while my wife was driving - only 175 miles until the speed limit drop, too. Then it went away on its own.

We were driving home from lunch and it suddenly popped up on me today. I felt the "See owners manual now" was a nice touch - a little hard to do while I'm driving, no?

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I got the codes this time, as they were already gone last time. The P11DC is one we've had for a month or so now - NOx2 sensor, because of course that can only last just over a year (in other words: just after the warranty on the sensor was up - better yet, just after I purchased this one, they increased the warranty to 24 months - up from the 12 months of this one).

I cleared all the codes and the message went away - my wife drove to the store and back later, and it doesn't appear to have come back.

Thoughts on this one - there's a good few codes there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump - wife just messaged me saying the 175 mile/Service Emissions System/Read Owner's Manual Now (while driving) just popped back up.

I imagine it'll be the same codes.

Thoughts? The NOx2 reading looks absurdly high - shouldn't it be lower? Could be causing it?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Bump - wife just messaged me saying the 175 mile/Service Emissions System/Read Owner's Manual Now (while driving) just popped back up.

Thoughts? The NOx2 reading looks absurdly high - shouldn't it be lower? Could be causing it?
If the NOx is higher on sensor 2, than sensor 1, that is illogical, it means your SCR/DEF is making NOx, exactly the opposite of what it was designed to do. It is likely a sensor looking at those numbers.

·
Registered
731 Posts

Looking up the fault codes. P11DC is out of range for NOx sensor 2, and P20EE is saying the SCR is not within efficiency limits. The bad sensor is likely causing both codes.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Oh, and P229E is the circuit for NOx sensor 2.. all indications are NOx sensor #2.

B2AAA is likely an issue with your scan tool that has caused or the protocol used for the communication between your scanner and the car.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think I read that about the B2AAA - using Torque Pro and a bluetooth OBDII scanner, so may be one of those. Sometimes it is there, sometimes not.

Yeah, we've had the P11DC for a while - normally I don't think that is grounds for a countdown, but looking at the Biscan graph, the NOx2 sensor is like...10 times higher than the NOx1, haha.

The Message/Countdown went away, as my wife was driving, after she stopped somewhere to do one of her errands.

I'm really not feeling like paying - again - for a NOx2 sensor, given I just replaced it last February (and I don't particularly want to replace it, either). But that's when the warranty was 12 months. About two months later they changed it to 24 months...on the same part number...

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been popping up and going away somewhat frequently now (it had popped up just before we got to the hotel on Saturday and dropped the car off at the valet for parking - it was gone by the time we got the car back the next morning), so my wife was asking about just replacing it.

Figured I'd go through Rock Auto's site first to see, and it let me process the warranty replacement - should have a new sensor here on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife said it came back on briefly this morning...but had "reset" itself...to 171 miles. Not 175. This is so, so odd.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replaced the sensor today - only took me about an hour this time instead of three days like last time, haha.

Started the car (coldish start), and both NOx 1 and NOx 2 were reading the same - hoping we should be good here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worth mentioning - that sensor lasted for 27,893 miles (well, less if we count when it started throwing the P11DC code - months back now).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts