Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just driving and come to a stop light and the engine rpm's start bouncing around and then the service ESP and service traction control lights come up on my display. Now the check engine light is on. Anyone have any idea what's wrong? It's a 1.8 with 95,000 miles. Car seems to run fine. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar issue with my car about a year ago. My Cruze is a 1.4l. When I came to a stop the rpm's were bouncing up and down between 500 and 1000. The display showed service stabilitrack and service traction control. My check engine light came on about 10 minutes later. It turned out to be a spark plug that had carbon lodged between the gap. It showed cylinder 3 misfire. My advice to you is to go to the nearest parts store if you aren't under warranty and have them hook up a scanner. It'll tell you what the problem is and it's free at most stores. Autozone does it for free.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already did the battery cable replacement. It's throwing codes p2270 and p0171. Is the pcv valve located in the valve cover on the 1.8 motors as well as the 1.4 motors? I am thinking I have a possible pcv leak?? I see it's common on the 1.4 but don't see much about it on the 1.8 motors. Need advise. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The pcv is not a part of the valve cover on a 1.8.

In order, what is the first code displayed?......that is your primary code......codes following are, in general, resultant.

So, if the p0171 is your second code do not even address it......focus on the first code.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Well then, I'm afraid all you'll get from me are useless WAG's......the intake manifold is pulling air in behind the throttle body, setting the lean code.....I'm surprised you indicate it is running ok.......the fuel trims are maxed out right now.

Sucks but.....dealer or good mechanic diagnosis time.....Dealer if you're under five years.....you're just about out of miles (100k)

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.