Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of a pre owned 2013 Chevy cruze. I recently bought this car because of the low miles and great gas mileage but after I drove it approximately 200 miles the car began to surge then it stalled and the dash read service power steering and service traction control, the check engine light flashes rapidly and it won't start. I had it towed to a local dealership and am waiting for them to look at while going it's not major, I'm certain this car isn't covered under warranty because of a rebuilt title. I got ahold of the person who sold it to me and said I took it to a dealer this is what he texted me:
Let me know I'm sure there gonna come up with good stories and make it sound bad but I drove he car for 15 hundred miles ?! No issue car has 1200 miles when bought

A wire must have came off power steering or a ground, Power steering rack was replaced because it was not responding with computer. I just asked. He said prolly needs a reflash

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Defective negative battery cable is the most common problem, and drops 2-3 volts giving that much less to the electronics. Have a 2012, Chevy didn't discover this until 2015. Took them long enough.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
You need to know why the CRUZE has a rebuilt title? While it is true the warranty does not apply on rebuilt or salvaged cars, many states will not allow you to insure them either. The 2013 only had 1200 miles on it as well, that just raises questions...

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Sounds electrical. Maybe even bad battery. But with a rebuild title you got the car that you paid for.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Grounds, battery cable, under hood fuse block can cause some weird issues. Could even be harness issues if it's been in a bad accident.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Call those repairables around here, do you have any photos of this Cruze before it was repaired? Were the airbags triggered? Also have what is called is a salvage title.

In reality, the cheapest parts used in these cars is the electrical and electronic, but yet the most expensive items to replaced, markups are out of this world, and the people charging over a hundred bucks per hour, don't have the slightest idea of what they are doing.

One thing that is not repairable is the unibody itself, only good for one crash, insurance companies won't even cover the repairs, cheaper to toss it than repair it.

What are your odds of getting your money back? A reflash after only 200 miles? If you require this, will require it again and again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$125 and the problem seems to be solved. The dealership attributed it to a faulty battery cable and did some recall work on the car and checked it out for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts