Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with my Power Steering and I am unsure of what to do now. I have looked into the issue and have seen some DIY tips such as replacing power cable and getting a new battery which I have just done. I am still getting the error message “Service Power Steering” after driving the car for about 10 minutes. I also replaced the front driver window motor and after finalizing the test (Open and Close window) a little after that I lose power steering so I’m sure it must be something electrical but I don’t want to take it to the mechanic without at least some type of knowledge of what the problem could be.

·
Premium Member
7,900 Posts
When does the light come on? I've had problems with it coming on if the driver's door is open when I connect the battery. No problem, I just have to reconnect while the door is closed.

·
Super Moderator
7,484 Posts
Try doing what ChevyGuy says. Park the car, close the doors, disconnect, wait a few minutes, reconnect the battery cable, get in and close the door, start the car, do the window dance and then go for a 10 min ride to see if it reoccurs.

Cheap possible fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will try it once I get home. Also, it may be worth noting that the only time the steering will work consistently is when another light come on such as Tire Pressure light or if I do not do the window test. I’m not sure if it matters but I have also noticed that my battery voltage fluctuates between 15V and 13.8V. Is there a battery regulator that could cause the issue by not giving the Power Steering module enough power to function properly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts