Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealership to have the oil changed and transmission fluid change on my 2012 Cruze. The car has about 82,000 miles on it, ever time I go in they try to tell me I need to get the fuel service system serviced which is like $150 bucks. I always go by my owners manual if this is so important why doesn't the manual recommend this??? Every few thousand miles I add a bottle of Lucas fuel system treatment worked well so far, anybody else pay for the service?

·
Super Moderator
7,812 Posts
Not required service - as long as you're using a Top Tier Gasolime as recommended in your owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Good call. Fuel System cleanings are generally a dealership money grab as long as you're running a Top Tier Gasoline or other good gasoline from a high volume station. I clean my fuel system each year with a full tank of Shell vPower Premium (topped to the fill pipe) and Chevron's fuel system cleaner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.